Do you have a passion for innovation? Do you believe that small and committed teams can have big and positive business impacts? Are you motivated by fast pace, steep learning curves, and tough business challenges? Can you think deeply and broadly about strategy? Do you have a bias for action? If so, the Business Division Greenhouse needs your leadership.
The Greenhouse is ramping up multiple incubations in the areas of search, discovery, and collaborative knowledge, Dynamics and Office, and mobility; all targeting the digital work-style. We want to tap into your imagination and leverage customer and market research, brainstorming and ideation, experimentation, and prototyping, and business analysis discipline to create the next wave of Information Worker and Small Business solutions.
As the Senior Product Manager reporting to the General Manager of the Greenhouse, your challenges will include:
· Developing a deep understanding of what is changing in the business landscape – customers, customer needs, business models, competitors, emerging trends, opportunities, and threats in the world of work through research, analysis, and your network of peers throughout the Business Division.
· Thinking through the ‘what ifs’: What one or two things could a competitor do to change the game? What M&A deals would knock us off our current strategy and offerings?
· Defining the incubation opportunities that would increase the value of our offerings to customers and change the competitive playing field?
· Leading the development and positioning of business cases for project funding from initial incubation approval through to V1.
· Recommending which incubations should be shut down
Initially this position will be an Individual Contributor but the successful candidate should expect to have a small team as the number of projects in parallel grows.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced product manager or planner and strategist with a minimum of 7 years of marketing experience in the software industry combined with a B.A. and a high level of energy and drive to get things done. Prior experience of starting v1 products and bringing them to market is desired. Experience in search, collaboration and communication, business software, mobility, or other Information Worker businesses is also desired. MBA preferred.