Weird but good

Every once in a while I find a product that feels like it was made just for me. I tend to be a bit of an experimental shopper. I like to try new things. Also, lately, I’ve become a little bit of a peanut butter junkie…now all our British friends, gag in unison.

I’ve been shopping for the perfect peanut butter. Not too greasy, not more than 2g of sugar per serving, something that does bear some resemblance to squished up peanuts. Anyway, I found something that meets all my PB needs PLUS satisfies my hot food jones. Holy cow, I love this stuff: All Natural Peanut Butter & CoThe Heat Is On” Peanut Butter Blended with Fiery Spices. They aren’t kidding. I have a high tolerance for very spicy food and this stuff does not disappoint. Aside from my usual celery and peanut butter snack (love it!), I’m thinking of other ways to use it. I definitely feel like there’s some chicken satay in my future.

Well, my only complaint was that this wonderful stuff was on the bottom PB shelf at the QFC. Come on…give these guys some shelf love, retailers. If not for the kickin’ peanut butter, for the little devil monkey on the label. Oh leguminous nirvana…they have a cookbook too.

PS: I told you I’d start blogging more on good product marketing

1. Mark Tookey says:

It’s very easy to find the perfect peanut butter you know – it’s the one you don’t have to eat!!! Sorry, just couldn’t resist the temptation to be the Brit who doesn’t get PB! I actually do like peanuts themselves, especially dry roasted, but PB is just another world, kind of like Beans on Toast for you…

2. Dudley says:

But what wine would you pair this with?  I’ll have to look for this stuff on the PB aisle.  I am now totall jonesing for some pad thai.

Bet this is killer on some thorny bread.  And you say your kitchen doesn’t sound appetizing.

3. HeatherLeigh says:

Mark-we’ll bring you over to the dark side one of these days!

Dudley…seriosly, I would probably pair it with something white, light and slightly fruity and astringent like a sauvignon blanc or maybe even a pinot gris. Probably the same kind of stuff I’d have with spicy asian food or BBQ. I’m so getting that recipe book!

4. Deiter says:

Also, peanut butter is good for getting chewing gum out of one’s hair. I have found this information usefull on more than one occasion.

5. Patblue says:

Have I ever told you about my peanut butter quirk?  Only Jiff crunchy and only on PB&J sandwiches.  No PB in candybars, none in cookies or anything…

6. John Walker says:

Wow! This is awesome. I’m going to grab myself a jar when I can. Seems odd initially, but if you’re a fan of Chinese cold sesame noodles, it all comes together. Thanks for the pointer.

7. HeatherLeigh says:

Deiter-you must have kids or else some kind of chewing gum issues ; )

Patblue-why does that not surprise me?

John-let me know if you like it. I think I’ll order the cookbook today

8. HeatherLeigh says:

Ooh, minor complaint…$8 shipping on a $17 order. That stinks.

9. TC Loy says:

Very useful blog.

Now I am a peanut butter junkie. Ok…you got to get organic peanut butter when they are on sales. at other times, it is expensive. It is awfully greasy but goooooood.

Now let’s  talk about product extensions…So you can expand the uses of peanut butter. getting chewing gum out of…You know that you can use peanut butter for cooking. when you get to the bottom of the jar and you have to scrap it out. naw. leave it. put some oil in it and stir it up. use it to cook chicken. put whatever other spice with it. call it peanut chicken…hehe…I also have kinda mad scientist personality…back to the cooking…you can varies the amount of peanut butter you want to leave in there.

Back to the Brits…originally from Singapore…I eat orange marmalade jelly or jam. I eat a lot of peanut butter. So there for you yankees and Brits…go figure!!

10. Lisa says:

This is available at Target, as is their Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter.  I second the recommendation!

11. HeatherLeigh says:

Ooh, Lisa, have you tried the dark chocoloate one? I LOOOVVEEE dark chocolate but couldn’t bring myself to get that one because of the sugar. But I’m willing to live vicariously.

12. Lisa says:

I’m not a breakfast person.  But, trying out a new exercise program I decided that breakfast was neccessary after a few lectures from my GP. I went and bought some whole wheat English muffins, and decided on this peanut butter to go with them.  At 2 tbsp a serving (which I watch very carefully) I can use this as my "splurge" for the day, and I am finding fewer chocolate cravings too!

13. HeatherLeigh says:

Ooh, sounds yummy!

14. Chris Thames says:

I don’t know how I missed this post! I consider myself quite creative but I have never thought of spicing up peanut butter. I eat something with peanut butter every day and I’ll have to give this a try to spice things up! Talking about spicing things up, just don’t go so far as to down a whole bottle of Chalua Hot Sauce. It isn’t fun (yes I’ve done this but for $20).  I don’t think Chalua is spicy, but is good on eggs and hash browns.

15. HeatherLeigh says:

Chris- I never eat anything on a dare ; ) But I do love anything spicy.