You’re both fired! Now go away and hush up!

Donald Trump Lashes Out at Martha.

Just because you can say something doesn’t mean you should. Donald Trump has no filter and obviously thinks that this is his world that the rest of us are living in. Of course, he signed up for Martha’s version of the Apprentice so his barbed comments just look like (low) ratings-induced sour grapes. Suck it up, Donald. You should have known better. You took the risk. It’s too late to whine now.

Of course Martha’s reply is pure Martha. It’s like I can hear over-articulating every word.

1. David Morris says:

I’ve never seen the american version of The Apprentice, but the British version is one of the best things on TV. You have Sir Alan Sugar – supposedly worth between 800m and 1bn. Sir Alan is straight talking and ‘to the point’. He doesn’t take cr*p from anybody. None of his decisions on the show are influenced by TV.

2. Wine-Oh says:

I think both Martha and Donald need to eat some humble pie and "simmah down now".  Perhaps Martha knows a recipie and can whip it up for them to share. One of the biggest skills and traits a company owner/business figure can posess is the ability to admit mistakes, learn from them, and move on. Not point fingers. They are setting a bad example for employees at their respective companies. Alas I don’t think we have heard the last of this, and somehow both sides will cash in. Maybe a PR firm is behind this and a big announcement will be made. Stay tuned…

3. Jonathan says:

What’s funny is that this could be as much a marketing ploy by each of them as actual truth.  The reality is that both of them, Trump and Stewart, are masters of the media.  What better way to increase ratings and public appeal than to create a furor?

This actually benefits both, since it creates the "to-the-point" attitude for Trump (a little like Simon Scowl) and garners sympathy for Ms. Stewart.

I wonder if we’ll see them on Celebrity Fight Club, duking it out with the likes of Tonya Harding, Greg Brady (who cares about his real name) and the like.

The fact is that they (Mark Burnett) will figure out how to parlay this rift into a reality show and chances are we’ll watch it, if only to see Trump’s attitude and Martha’s tears.  I wonder though, if Martha we’ll put together a gift basket of potpourri for him or if that went out the window with the mean-spirited letter?  Watch for E!Online for the rest of the story I suppose.

4. HeatherLeigh says:

David-does he have weird hair too or is that just an American/Trump thing? See, I have crazy hair so I can ask that, but mine is genetic, not self-styled crazy.

Wine-Oh, you are probably right. I really wanted martha to tell him that he cooks like a broke college student or something. That his over-guilded penthouse is "not a good thing"…something!

Jonathan-I don’t know. I kind of liked Trump’s "to-the-point" attititude before but this just makes him look jerky. No doubt Martha will mention it on her daytime show!

5. Wine-Oh says:

This is why I think its a stunt. Donald’s new show comes out on Monday… He needs the PR. Martha mentioned it on her show. They share an executive producer in Mark Burnett who hasnt said anything…

Donald Trump Continues to Blast Stewart

NEW YORK (AP) – Donald Trump was still heavily in attack mode Wednesday. The Donald continued to blister Martha Stewart for her statements in the current Newsweek that "Martha Stewart: The Apprentice" flopped last fall because Trump would not yank his competing show off the air.

Her show, which was axed after one cycle, was supposed to be the sole "Apprentice" and was meant to start out with her firing Trump on the air, she told the magazine, repeating comments she’d made before.

"How ridiculous is that?" Trump fumed on "Inside Edition" in an interview slated for Wednesday evening. "You have the number one show on television and they’re going to fire me and she’s going to take my place? Do you think NBC would take that chance?"

Trump also offered Stewart some advice: "She should just go into the sunset, relax, have her little daytime show, and have it do as well as it can do, which isn’t particularly well."

The real-estate mogul turned TV-Titan continued his assault on "Extra," also airing Wednesday.

"I think Martha owes me an apology, but I don’t really expect one," he said.

Stewart used her Wednesday episode of her syndicated daytimer, "Martha," to offer a response.

"Well, before we get to my first guest, I want to address what’s happening with Donald Trump," she told viewers. "I am disappointed, I am hurt and I am really upset at my longtime friend. That’s really all I want to say. Enough about it."

The feudin’ and fussin’ kicked into high gear Tuesday when Trump responded to Stewart’s Newsweek comments with a venomous letter. Her "Apprentice," he wrote, was "a mistake for everybody – especially NBC," and asserted that the network did not intend to fire him on her show.

"Essentially, you made this firing up just as you made up your sell order of ImClone," said Trump, in the letter’s most caustic remark. Stewart, who lost an appeal last month that ended her criminal case for lying about a stock sale, served five months in jail and nearly six months of house arrest for her transgression.

In a statement issued Tuesday in response to Trump’s missive, Stewart said she was "very proud" of her collaboration with Trump on her "Apprentice" (he served as a producer) and was stunned by his letter.

"The letter is so mean-spirited and reckless that I almost can’t believe my longtime friend Donald Trump wrote it," she said.

6. You recappin’ this season?

7. HeatherLeigh says:

Wine-Oh, that makes sense. The one thing that confuses me though is that his comments to Martha are so PERSONAL! I cna’t imagine that she would ever agree to have him say that stuf. I mean, I think she’s getting better at approaching things with humor but how can you have humor about someone basically telling you that you are stiff and a falure. Anyway, we’ll see…maybe it’s a stunt Donald dedcided to do on his own.

Richard-I wasn’t thinking I was going to, but if I can think of a shorter format (maybe something like "blunder of the week"), I could do that. Was spending WWWAAAYYY too much time recapping.

8. HeatherLeigh says:

OK, Trump was on the Today Show this morning and the impression I got is that HE might have used it as a publicity stunt, but Martha didn’t. Way to throw one of your "friends" under the bus to pull ratings. I’ll tell you, he and his kids better be *fascinating* this season.

9. HeatherLeigh says:

Tsk tsk, Pamela. Commenting is OK, but shamelessly plugging your own company? Puh-leez. I removed your comment.