I’m giving up on the Apprentice Re-caps….ahhh, don’t hate me!

I hate to say it and I’m just waiting for my bloglines subscribers to drop off. I took my computer home on Tuesday to re-cap my Tivoed episode from last week. I typed some notes and then started to think about how I actually dreaded doing the re-cap. It’s fun to be funny, but it was so much work (stopping and starting the episode to take notes, composing them into a re-cap and entering them here…together took about 3 hours). Last night, I watched the current episode and I felt a weight lift off me when I deleted it (plus much less self-loathing). I’m sorry to disappoint those that come here for the recaps…hope you can find something else to like about me ; ). Trust me, I feel like a much more likable person now that I am less grouchy on Wednesday nights.

Think what I’ll do is something short and fun related to the Apprentice. How about weekly advice for the departed Martha wanna-be? I think I have some good stuff right now on that.

1. Lourdes says:

::: laughing ::: I forgive you! And I understand – it has to be a TON of work. But it would be fun to read your advice… or maybe, "If Microsoft Had to Hire the Departed Apprentices, Which Department Would They Most Likely Fit Into"??? ::: laughing :::

Although, I have to admit, I almost emailed you when I watched last week and heard Jimbo say to his pregnant wife, regarding her impending labor, "Good luck with your task"???

L

2. HeatherLeigh says:

Lourdes, obviously we are irked by the same things. What was with the baby-talk? I just wanted him to stop!

3. Devin says:

The re-caps were so long I would save them for later and then before I knew it … the next episode was on! I think I’d much rather read your advice… in either case, I’m not unsubscribing any time soon. 😉

4. daryllmc says:

Who could possibly blame you? It’s gotten so lame over the last two seasons that it’s unbearable. I will say that last season, I only watched about 1/3 of the episodes but read ALL of your posts. WAY better than actually being there. 🙂 I’ll miss it but I completely understand.

5. tod says:

I agree with the others. You’re recaps were insanely long and detailed. Since I watch the show I would only half-read those posts trying to pick out your unique commentary. 🙂

Here’s a suggestion…just do a really high level recap (a paragraph) and then post your thoughts on the episode with the assumption that readers have watched it. Or even just forget the recap and talk about the parts that caught your interest. That would be cool.

Regarding Jim missing his child’s birth…as a father that made me like him even less [which I didn’t think was possible]. Let’s see…go on a job interview or be there for my child’s birth? A no brainer for me, but then again I don’t want to be on a reality tv show either.

6. jorge says:

as far as I’m concerned now that you’ve stopped re-capping, you’ve (re) gained a reader.

7. Scott Magoon says:

Actually, your in depth recaps took almost as long to read as watching the show (using TiVo to fast forward when appropriate). Reclaim your life! But don’t suppress the urge to deliver a snarky comment or two per episode. Seriously though, don’t you find it difficult to keep track of two simultaneous Apprentices? What were they thinking?

8. Heather I’m heartbroken.

But only because I loved your commentary. I can’t even bring myself to watch either show. They will never recapture the magic of season one.

9. HeatherLeigh says:

OK, I can commit to coming up with atleast one snotty comment per episode ; )

10. zzz says:

I didn’t really care for the re-caps. What’s the point in them? We all saw what you took hours to write down anyway.

What however I would love is to see just a few lines per show summarizing how *you* felt the people progressed. And perhaps trying to guess how the dynamics of this week in that team might affect the next week. The womens team in Donalds latest episode was clearly split but in the end came a resolution. I actually thought it would go otherway it did initially. But the she went on with excuses and drawing all the attention in the boardroom – bad move! I’d have rather seen one of the bitchy blondes gone but I guess that’ll have to wait for the next episode.

11. I do not blame you. The Martha show really sucks and I think canceled with just the last episode shown (only the last 15 minutes). I do not like anyone on either team and whoever picked the candidates should be fired, tarred and feathered!!

<Sorry I am having a bad day and so taking it out on Heather’s blog. Bad me>

12. mediaguy says:

Cant say I blame you. I had no idea it was so labor intensive. I’d settle for some high level color commentary on the person being dismissed that week.

On that note, I am glad Dawn was shown the door this week. She looked miserable being there.

13. A Researcher in GA says:

Heather,

I have to say that I came to your site a few times prior to reading the Martha posts…but they really caught my attention. Now however, I come to see the other wisdom that you are imparting to all of us out here. I will continue to visit – Martha posts or not. Finally, congrats on saying, "No more." -From a fellow overextender.