64-bit computing is ready to take off; are you ready? By 2007, 64-bit will be the dominant server technology, driven by workload demands such as databases, Line of Business Apps, Terminal Services, Active Directory, and High Performance Clusters. On the client, Digital Media, Gaming and Workstation applications’ appetite for high performance and increased memory will drive demand. IHV support for devices is a pre-requisite to building momentum for new opportunities. Additionally, the move to x64 is a chance to build it right from the beginning; including providing prescriptive guidance to the IHV community based on Microsoft’s investments across the entire device software lifecycle. You have the opportunity to lead the industry! This is a high growth, high visibility position requiring senior level skills and experience.
As IHV Evangelist – 64 bit, you’ll be directly accountable for:
- Identifying device categories and key IHVs, and formulating and executing adoption plans to immediately move the industry to 64 bit. Success will be measured by
- Coverage goals exceeding 70% of key device categories for server and client
- Proof-points for improved driver performance, reliability & deployability
- Timely adoption of Microsoft investments for 64 bit across the device software lifecycle, including
- Windows Driver Foundation (WDF). WDF reduces development complexity for certain device classes.
- Windows Driver Kit (WDK). WDK is a single kit with driver analysis tools, Driver Test Manager, and install package authoring tools. WDK reduces test time.
- Windows Error Reporting (WER) and On-line Provisioning help keep device software up to date with the latest fixes.
- Cultivating and nurturing a healthy long term relationship with key partners to meet business objectives above.
- Formulating clear and consistent all up messaging on MSFT’s device software lifecycle investments with particular emphasis on 64 bit computing.
- Conduit to product teams. You will analyze external feedback and market data (including competitive analysis) and provide insightful recommendations to enable WDEG product teams prioritize their investments. You will also be working cross group with multiple device teams across the Windows division and with Windows Client and Server Marketing to successfully achieve your mission.
This position requires a unique combination of the following – Solid understanding of the device software lifecycle (from designing to maintaining), core Program Management skills, and strong Partner and Customer Relationship Management / Business Development skills.
You have in-depth knowledge of the hardware industry and demonstrated skills in securing “design ins” with industry partners. You hold your own on issues raised by partners while minimizing interrupts and impacts to product teams. You appreciate both the big picture of what partners are trying to implement and the detailed picture of how product group technologies fit in. You have a proven track record of creating and managing partnerships and the ability to work through adversity and ambiguity. You possess strong project and partner management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong business acumen. You also demonstrate strategic thinking, decision-making, conflict resolution, problem solving and negotiating skills with finesse. You have a proven ability to successfully drive for results despite ambiguity.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 7 years experience working in a related high-tech environment. Technical in-depth understanding of device software and delivering go to market product in at least one core device category (graphics, networking, and storage) with high performance/high availability computing is required. A Masters Degree in Business Administration with a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required, or in lieu thereof, equivalent industry experience.
Interested? Send your resume to me at Heather.Hamilton@microsoft.com
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity.