The Crabby Office Lady…no, it’s not me

Microsoft’s Crabby Office Lady goes all RSS on you. Hey, if you strive to be an MSOffice power-user (and who doesn’t?), Ms. Crabby has lots of snarky tips and tricks to get you there. I like her recent entry on Outlook Contacts helpful. Tools you can use to impress your co-workers…what could be wrong with that?

I’m sure it’s no surprise that I like her style. Separated at birth?  Maybe.

1. Nicole says:

Wonderful. I remember ranting about discovering that and immediatly tossing that out of the interesting links list – because no RSS. Like most of the MS pages. Actually, all of them, except that one know. :)))

2. Thanks to Heather for the pointer.

I’m usually just as big of a character blog hater as anybody. …

3. michkap says:

I notice that most of the tips seem to be Outlook centric. Since I have sort of assumed that the 21st century version of ‘going postal’ would involve Outlook at some point, knowing that it is making people officially crabby seems like a potential validation! 🙂

4. HeatherLeigh says:

Daryll- glad it’s not just me that loves that attitude. Should I re-brand myself as the Snarky Recruiting Lady? Maybe not.

Mich-yeah, the traffic in Outlook seems the be the culprit. Don’t people know I am busy? (OK, I’m totally justkidding…I love mail…whee!)

SO I guess if let people know you are crabby ahead of time, you can pretty much say what you want. I’m thinking of starting out some future posts with <crabby>….what do you think?

5. Paul says:

There are lots of other adjectives that aren’t taken yet that might also fit. Nasty, perky, slothful, amphibious, don’t-bug-me-i-haven’t-had-my-morning-coffee-yet, ambitious, friendly!, etc. Or you could just call your blog "recruiting with attitude". Unfortunately, whatever you claim, you have to then live up to. I like "Cruel shoes" – you can get in the mood just by changing your footwear. Or you could forget the labels and just remain the "best damn staffing blogwriter ever".

6. HeatherLeigh says:

Paul…I hope you don’t mean that nasty, slothful, amphibious, etc. describe me. ; )

7. Paul says:

hey, you’re the one that said ‘crabby’ and ‘snarky’. i was just suggesting a range of alternatives so you could differentiate. always a good marketing principle to live by.

btw, saw a letter to the editor in CMO. you’re really burning up the wires.

8. HeatherLeigh says:

Hey Paul, point me to the link to that letter to the editor if you will…still havne’t trained the journalists to let me know when they have published something from me! Dang!

9. Paul says:

You made the print mag with a shortened version of what is here:

10. Crabby says:

Alright peple – I AM the Crabby Office Lady, and I’m glad to see that my columns have garnered some, um….fans. But remember, Heather: You can be crabby (lowercase) but only one of us can be Crabby (uppercase). After almost 100 columns, I think I deserve it…

11. HeatherLeigh says:

Crabby-own it sister. Snarky is more my style anyway ; )