Whirlyball today

Today, our extended team had lunch and played whirlyball. It was great fun and I highly recommend it, especially if you have a competitive spirit (not that anyone here has that…not me, especially).

Here’s the team.

Action shots here, here, here and here.

1. Mark Tookey says:

I don’t suppose you could explain the rules for a confused Brit, could you… It does look an interesting sport!

2. Brad says:

Looks fun…reminds me of ‘trak ball’ I used to play on the beach as a kid, but without the cars…

Where is this? Eastside? Downtown?

3. HeatherLeigh says:

Mark-no problem…there are 2 teams (red and yellow) of 4 or 5 players each. Each player mans a bumper car (if you aren’t familiar, small motorized cart with bumpers all around so you can ram someone elses cart and kind of bump offof it). Each player has a plastic basket thingy in their hand (kind of lacross like) and there’s a whiffle (light plastic) ball. Each team tries to get the ball into their net (you can see in the pics there’s a red square with a cricle in it…that’s where the net is). There’s a shot clock of 30 seconds for each team. Half the fun is trying to maneuver the cars and bumping into each other).

4. HeatherLeigh says:

Brad-this was in Lynnwood. Their site is whirlyball.net I believe…there are probably other locations.

5. Mark Tookey says:

Thanks for the explanation Heather, now I think I get it a bit more. We call bumper cars "dodgems," just in case anyone is interested!

Sure sounds like your team gets to do fun activities, was it a company sponsored event or a self-organized thing? I think it’s really great to work somewhere where the company is interested in fun events as well as the day-to-day grind.

6. HeatherLeigh says:

company sponsored. I don’t think it was very expensive at all.