Free Tablet PC apps

Gotta love free stuff! I’m just starting to truly appreciate my Tablet PC…using OneNote to take notes in meetings is huge for me. One step closer to becoming paperless. Anyway, there are some new apps to download if you have a Tablet. I installed them this morning and am having fun playing with them. They include Ink Desktop, which allows you to make notes right on your desktop, using a notepad or just your regular desktop screen. There’s something called Snipper…sounds devious, huh? It allows you to cut out a piece of a picture, write comments and insert it in a post or e-mail. Like this…

This is going to be a lot of fun. There are also ink crossword puzzles (something I used to do a lot of and I still can’t resist when I’m on a plane). Other things too. Definitely worth checking out if you have a tablet.

Edit: here’s the link

1. Gary says:

Any chance of a link? TIA

2. HeatherLeigh says:

Oh yeah…duh Heather. I added it at the bottom of the post. Thanks Gary!

3. Pradeep says:

Pls tell me Tablet PCs are one of the options of new corporate laptops at MS. :)

I was there in vegas for the Tablet PC launch in 2002 late-fall (trying to impress some hiring managers for a job with MS then … invain) but loved the apps instantly.

What impressed me most was not just one-note but someone demoing a collaborative brainstorm app (Dont remember wat it was called)….

Exciting heather. have fun :)

4. HeatherLeigh says:

Pradeep-it’s definitely possible. I received mine as a replacement for my old laptop and the new person on my team got one as well. Make your preference known if they ask what kind of equipment you want!

5. William Luu says:

Heather, hope you realise that the image that you posted is pointing at your own local Hard drive.

Hence, the rest of us see nothing at all but an empty box with a red ‘X’ inside it.

Basically, you need to have the image file uploaded somewhere (that is accessible via the web) :)

6. HeatherLeigh says:

William, thanks for the tip. So I guess if you send it out in e-mail, it still points to your hard drive. Weird. Didn’t I tell yu all I’m nit technical?

7. Hey thanks for link! I have been using a Tablet for about 2 year now. I am actually on my 3rd one now due to some switching around till I got a model that did everything I needed.

Glad to hear you are using OneNote! It is an awesome tool. And not just for Tablets. In fact I use it more often in type mode than ink. Although the fact I can use it with ink for meetings and brainstorming makes it a killer app.

Some other great things about OneNote include email integration, note sharing, the screen clipping tool (I use this daily) and the note flags summary pages.

Also setting up a good folder structure / taxonomy at the start is extremely important. If you want some advice on this just let me know (amanda@funknstyle.com). That goes for anyone that is reading this too btw…

Some other must have programs for using a Tablet include:

The PowerToys

Mind Manager

Again a tablet isn’t required to enjoy those apps – but if you have one, you should install those programs for a test drive. :-)

8. HeatherLeigh says:

Thanks Amanda-I downloaded the POwerToys. I do find that sometimes I want to take notes on an e-mail and so exporting from Outlook to ONeNote will be great. I’m still transitioning from a regular PC user to a Tablet PC user. Still loving it.