Jonas and my new digital camera

Nobody can tell me that Jonas isn’t the cutest doggie ever!

He’s a good excuse to go home at a reasonable time, too! I bought a digital camera this weekend. Unfortunately discovered the red eye reduction feature after I took this picture but he’s still cute. I’ll try to post some pictures of my office soon.

1. Very cute dog. The best thing about dogs are they always enjoy when you come home. They give unconditional love. What bred(s) is he? I can see some beagle in him. How did he and you team up?

2. David Smith says:

I like your dog =)

They don’t allow dogs in these dorms, but I like yours.

3. Steven R says:

He is a pretty cute dog. What is it about dogs that make a person feel guilty for working late?

4. metaactive says:

he looks a little pissed off ??? or angry ???

5. Pradeep says:

Actually thats a lot less red-eye. My lil sis fotographs her snow-white Lha-sapso all the time and it always comes up devily-glow-in-the-dark-red eyes like from the GhostBhusters movie!

and no – I dont think she is the GateKeeper (or Keymaster!)

PS: I signed the offer today 🙂 Mid-May is the join date. (blame it on immigration folks)

6. Mark Tookey says:

Congratulations to you, Pradeep – I know what you mean about the devil-eyes: our neighbor has a husky, and as soon as it gets dark her eyes turn menacingly orange (the dog, not the neighbor)!!

Heather, I think Jonas is putting on the "I’m starving, I’m starving, how can you be so cruel as to not feed me everything I desire" look that our kitties have perfected…

Mark

7. Heather says:

Chris-he’s half black lab and half swiss mountain dog. I get questions about a possible beagle mix because of the coloring but that comes frm the swiss side. I adopted Jonas 4.5 years ago (I can’t believe it’s gone by so fast) from the human society (he was 3 when I got him and had 2 previous owners). I found his profile online and I knew he was the dog for me. He was adorable, obviously, but also crate trained and needed an adult home (he has big paws and that can scare kids). I figured most people were looking for a family dog (and most wanted puppies). So the thought that he needed me made me love him all the more. He’s VERY sweet and also a good watch dog. Everything I could ever want!

StevenR-mostly that they gotta got potty ; )Oh and that they love you so much no matter what.

Metaactive-dogs don’t have human emotions, silly. Although I have been able to convince myself that he smiles sometimes.

Pradeep-there will be pictures in the future without the glowing eyes (at least my owners manual says so). I should have the figured out by about May anyway ; )

Mark-He’s so not spoiled!Seriously, he doesn’t really get human food. On occassion, I will give him some pasta, rice or carrots, but he doesn’t really get the table scraps. So there’s no begging for food in my house. He’s actually a little wary of the flash on the camera. I was lucky he let me get these shots. Anyway, he would much rather be playing ball which is his most favorite thing ever…even more than food.

Skip to main content