Apprentice Fantasy Game Stats

Wow..that was pretty intense last night, huh? I could almost smell the hotel rooms through the TV…yuck. So here’s quick update on our Apprentice Fantasy Game. I thought I would report on the top 5 contenders. Then we can chat about how they made their picks if you want. Tomorrow, I’ll recap the episode with my observations.

Top 5 Fantasy Players

HeatherLeigh (that’s me…just remember I evaluate talent for a living…I’m sure some of you are going to give me a major run for my money!) with a score of 91

ChrisWoodruff comes in at 75

ScottReynolds in a close race with Chris at 72 points

JimmyM comes in with 60

Jubblies (interesting name…what does that mean? ; ))…56 points

Honorable mention to Devin Reams who missed 5th place by one point.

It’s going to be a long season (especially if Danny sings again)…keep on picking those winners!

I’m away from the computer for the rest of the day…more tomorrow.

1. don’t get too comfortable heather!

Jeremy…wow…what happened man?

2. I did some late changes that cost me on the bonus points. I actually did not even know that there was bonus points until I looked at my selections right before the show. DUH!!

I have the show TIVO’ed and need to go through the next week’s previews to see if I can find any nuggets to give me the edge. 🙂

Congrats Heather for being the Money!!

3. JimmyM says:

Picks w/o: Bonus attached, top 4:

heather – 70

chris – 65

jimmy – 60

scott – 55

I got in late in the game – just by only actually signing up so late. At any rate –

Brian was my pick for the bottom 3 because he was the obvious loose cannon – in the first reward he couldn’t stop from cussing and it seemed like everyone was very uncomfortable with it. He also seemed like the guy that thought he knew what he was doing enough to try and take charge.

Project manager for Magna – Michael – total guess based on the pictures at the top. Looked like the proj manager type.

Magna winning – Trump only gives out takes geared toward high schoolers (selling bugers) so often :). Honestly though – I knew that the last week was a wakeup call for Magna considering they got beat first while talking themselves up so much initially. I also knew Danny was likely to clean up his act in this one and – as much as he’s a goof ball – he’s a real people person and 99% of their tasks deal with making people happy.

4. JimmyM says:

Oh yeah, and also, telling Trump you should be fired? Hasn’t he had a television and at least watched an episode of the previous seasons? You don’t make stupid macho remarks in the board room (like revoking your immunity) or you’re gone.

5. Jimmy: I had net worth picked to win, but then with the question about cursing in the board room, I knew that had to be brian, leading me to change it to Magna for the win.

I’m amazed at the people who’s board room picks don’t match team win picks…

6. JimmyM says:

Scott: Agreed. And I think I even saw an instance where there’s different team’s members selected for the boardroom questions.

7. Steve says:

There is a strategy to having your boardroom picks different from your team win picks. If you get the winning team wrong at least you can recover and get a little bit of bonus points. In some fantasy games this is what can help a person win. However, you could be like me, stagger your picks and get them all wrong. <g>

8. I got in this think late, having missed the first episode. I was pretty much in your shoes Jimmy but I only managed to get 25 points. I mixed my wild guesses with "the expert" Raj’s:) I think Brian was one of the worst candidates I have seen in this show. Oh and by the way, why did most people think Erin would not touch his food during the award dinner? Being inspired by you Heather, I will be posting my analysis of the show pretty soon:-)

9. lukaszg says:

91 points… nice. I should have followed the best available clue in question 8, and picked Brian for 7 and 9 as well, but somehow I didn’t believie he could be THAT incompetent. Picking Kristen for 6 must have been a guess though, just like me picking Verna for 4…

10. Heather says:

Scott… I have no delusions of mainting my position at the top of the list. Having said that…bring it!

11. I lost so bad. Totally figured on Net Worth to keep momentum, and Magna’s internal personality issues to derail them. They did. But, their up front customer service is ultimately what saved them.

I had picked a few right before I changed them (riiiight, eh?) due to deciding to "swing for the fences".

I’ll use the same strategy on Monday though. I’m not one to wuss out on something just because I got it wrong once.

Now that we know the players a little more it should be interesting to watch.

I’m really curious to see if it’s Verna who bails 5 minutes into the show or if its one of the individuals from the other team’s "personality pool". Hell, it could be something totally unrelated due to family issues (I thought Heidi would lose it Season 1 for that reason, for example).

Congrats to every who’s beating me (which is, yes, everyone) 🙂

12. Devin Reams says:

Honorable mention? Thanks so much, Heather. 🙂 I look forward to trading places with you before the season is over. 😉

13. Anonymous says:

devdev dot org &raquo; Honorable Mention

14. Heather says:

Hey Devin…I had to draw the line somewhere….it could have just been a "mention"…I added "honorable" for dramatic effect (wow….i kind of feel like the Donald there for a second).

I’m so behind…was out of town and just got back last night…will…post…more…later

15. Lisa says:

I think the winner will definately be somone from "Street Smarts," and I think it will be John Gafford.