More Apprentice Fun…

OK, so we have had so much fun discussing the Apprentice. You think you know who’s best…who is going to win…prove it! ; ) No seriously! Chris Woodruff has set up a group for us in Yahoo’s Apprentice Fantasy Game (thanks Chris!). Impress your virtual buddies with your business acumen and attention to detail.

My co-workers who read my blog (especially the ones that bring up things I’ve said here in meetings…you know who you are) are required to play…this means you Holly, Suzanne and Joe!

Anyway, I hope any/all of you who read this blog will join in…it will be fun to see whose predictions come true. It won’t win you a job at Microsoft, but you’ll earn the respect of all who read this blog, including your truly ; )

Here’s the group info:

Your Group ID#: 16934
Your Group Name: Heather’s Group
Your Group Password: coolmarketing

Hope to see you in there…

PS: Scott, Auburn can’t win the Apprentice ; )

1. Thanks Heather. This should be fun. Do not know if we (my wife and I) will win but we will have fun.

I will also have a small trophy that the winner will get to use to brag about to all your friends!!

Good luck to everyone.

2. zzz says:

Eewhh.. Need to register to yahoo to be able to join. I think the .NET Passport should have been pushed through with money instead of waiting until some other group comes up with anything that works. I think I am going to get some plugin that just generates all the login info and stores it in database.. Good idea..

3. Devin Reams says:

Awesome, Heather. I’m on board. 😉

4. I’m in. The trophy may not be mine, but I vow to beat Heather at least. Unless we tie but for some reason it is deemed by the voters that she really won….oh wait…wrong game.

5. Heather says:

I’ll throw in a prize for the winner too. I’m scared of the trophy…does it have Donald hair? Let me see, what kind of prize. I guess software would be too obvious. I’ll think of something. Open to all reasonable recommendations.

Scott- it could happen. As long as I end up #1 at the end ; )

This is going to be fun…Our players need to get their info in soon! Go go go!

6. How about a phone conversation with the person? I know I don’t need one, but I know some others would love to chat with a recruiter, and it might even prove valuable to Microsoft 🙂

7. Heather says:

That’s a good idea Jeremy. I would be willing to give a half hour to an hour of resume writing advice and career advice if anyone would consider that a prize ; ) Heck, we can talk about whatever you want ; ) I’m especially good at home decorating (hee! that’s for you Zoe). Want to learn how to polka? I’m your gal. I would give the winner the option of trading it in for software or something instead if they wanted though…; )

8. you’ll always be #1 to me Heather…though tempting as some phone time with you would be…I may have to trade it for software! 😛

9. Anonymous says:

Ensight – Jeremy C. Wright » The Apprentice Fantasy Game

10. Hollyc says:

Crap…I missed the first episode last week. Did anyone Tivo it? I feel behind the curve here…

11. it’s on CNBC tonite at 9 and 11

12. Heather says:

Wow, Scott, Scott, you must be addicted if you knew that!

Holly-I’m so excited that you posted a comment on my blog! See everybody…I have friends! (I mean ones that I go shopping with and drink wine with) ; )

13. Steve R says:

I’m in! Go dogs! 😉

This should be fun, i’m debating whether or not I should go with the risky strategy of trying to predict who I think will win and then bias my picks towards that particular team, or if I should pick some from both teams each round just to get the fantasy points.

Hopefully this will be a good replacement for the all hockey pools i’m not in this year.

14. Heather says:

Ahhh….Steve’s bringing on the strategy…this ups the competitive level, if you ask me ; ) Looking at the questions, I don’t think it would be unwise to hedge your bets…pick one team to lose but answer some of the boardroom questions as if the other team lost. Oh, dang…now you can see why I stink at battleship…I got no game face.

15. That’s exactly what I’m doing. I’m betting on a certain team to win tomorrow. I’m going all or nothing. Most of the questions skew you to pick a winning team anyways, so I figure I’d go with my gut.

Problem with the questions is we haven’t really seen that many of the contestants in action yet, which skews it a bit.

Well, we’ll see if my swing for the fences works. If not, I’ve logged my pick for the overall winner so maybe I’ll still win 😉

16. Heather says:

Have other people completed their picks (deadline is tomorrow)? When I go on to the site, it’s only showing that mine are completed. That may be by design though. Not sure.

17. design. mine have been done since yesterday.

18. Heather says:

Here’s Verna’s website: http://www.vernafelton.com/

Just so we are all working with the same info…Iwouldn’t want to be accused of having an unfair advatnage should Verna win.

19. Thanks to Jeremy for pointing out the fantasy Apprentice game. If you want to play, you can be part of Heather’s group….

20. patblue says:

I am a moron…

How does one get into the yahoo groups? I went to ‘groups’ searched on the group number (nothing) searched on ‘Heather’s group’ and nothing. Please help me, I want to play.

21. Steve says:

Oh man, I just saw the information about Verna’s website today. Who knew she would snap? I don’t think I got one of the questions right last night.

22. Heather says:

Yeah, I know…not good. I thikn I actually picked the project managers and some of the other questions right…can’t wait to check the stats….I’ll blog more on the Apprentice this weekend…I might even watch it again…wheee!

23. Steve says:

lol! It looks like somebody is hyper because its Friday. I recorded it and stayed up late last night to watch it and i’m suffering today. I will save my comments about the show for your post later today.

24. Heather says:

I don’t do hyper ; ) …just have to re-watch the episode before I tape a radio interview on the episode next. But still havne’t done it…my recap may have to wait until tomorrow.

25. Amy Roberts says:

Love your blog! Had to share. I came across it when I was searching for things related to the Apprentice. Keep it up!