I’m not going to start posting a bunch of jobs, but I keep seeing ones pop up that are a little different and cool. Anyway, if you are interested, send me your resume and I’ll get it right over to the recruiter for this role.
Developer Event Marketing Manager
This mobile and embedded developer events position focuses on three primary areas:
· Driving the strategy, planning and execution for
· Working with product groups and other cross-group teams (developer partner, sales and marketing teams) to analyze business objectives and develop event marketing ‘recipes’ to effectively meet objectives.
· Building strong relationships with world-wide regional teams and both onsite and virtual logistics teams to create and execute the best event programs with an eye toward measuring ROI and customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate must manage and drive demand generation tactics and oversee event execution (via management of logistic resources) for MED Tier I events focused on product launch business objectives and product technical training. As events are a high-investment method of reaching customers, this role requires a sophisticated understanding of marketing vehicles and an understanding of how and when to most effectively use events.
In addition, this person will be responsible for a multi-million dollar budget, forecasting and spending, including managing budgets allocated to international regions. Lastly, success in this position requires developing a strong relationship with the regional product marketing teams throughout the world. These teams are critical stakeholders in each of these initiatives and are essential to the success given their regional knowledge and experience.
– 8+ years experience in event management
– 5+ years in high-tech marketing
– Strong virtual team management skills
– Must be able to work effectively across groups
– Strong interpersonal communication skills – ability to present at all levels of the organization and be a positive public representative for Microsoft to outside organizations.
– Ability to travel regularly in both
– Extensive experience in project management and the ability to work against tight deadlines.
– Must be self-motivated and able to work on long-term projects with little direction.
– Excellent decision-making, problem solving and negotiating skills.
– Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required.
– BA degree is required