Ah, insomnia…three things

Scott Reynolds did this over in his blog (with no mention of Auburn or the BCS…shocking!). Anyway, just for fun, here’s my version…because I can’t fall asleep.

Three names you go by:

Heather

Dolly (only OK for my mom to call me that….just in case you were going to try)

Former Miss Smarty Pants (humor me)

Three screennames you have:

HeathHam (my e-mail address)

Beattheirish

HeatherLeigh

Three things you like about yourself:

I don’t lie

I’m very organized

Smarter than average

Three things you hate/dislike about yourself:

Sometimes I care what other people think about me even though I don’t want to

I have a hard time relaxing (especially when someone tells me to relax…please don’t)

Sometimes I get the whole thinking-then-speaking process backward

Three parts of your heritage:

Irish

Scottish

Polish (and cue the polka music…guess who is making pierogies for the holidays…I can’t wait!)

Three things that scare you:

Turbulence (hello Atavan)

Invasive dental work with metal instruments (hello gas mask)

surprises

Three of your everyday essentials:

coffee and mint/chocolate zone bar

something to stimulate my brain…work or a book

my sweet doggie Jonas

Three things you are wearing right now:

I (heart) NY t-shirt

shorts ( I know it’s winter…I don’t care).

socks

Three of your favorite bands/artists (at the moment):

Joni Mitchell

Earth, Wind and Fire

Maroon 5

Three of your favorite songs at present:

hmm, nothing current really. I’m 100 years old.

Three new things you want to try in the next 12 months:

Knitting

Putting an additional room on my house

taking a some kind of class probably a language or voice class

Three things you want in a relationship (love is a given):

Someone who is smart so I can have interesting conversation

Someone funny like John Stewart

Someone who knows when it’s time to leave

Two truths and a lie:

No, that doesn’t make your butt look big

Yes, I like your new bag

Of course this is my natural hair color

Three physical things about the opposite sex (or same) that appeal to you:

tall…(er than me)

dark hair…

good teeth

Three things you just can’t do:

read a map

read music

keep a straight face when someone says “irregardless” or “nother” like they are real words

Three of your favorite hobbies:

cooking

reading

beading

Three things you want to do really badly right now:

sleep through the night

check ESPN for the citrus bowl outcome

learn how to relax when I have time off from work

Three careers you’re considering:
professional discount shopper

dating consultant (going out on fake dates with men to help them understand what they are doing wrong)

writer (I have a friend that is trying to convince me to write a book in my *spare time*…hee!)

Three places you want to go on vacation:

Turkey

Italy

Scotland

Three kids names:

“Hey-you-don’t-steal-that”

the kid that used to mow my lawn

The fabulous Miss Bella (I don’t know many kids but miss Bella is fabulous!)

Three things you want to do before you die:

Travel more

Get over my fear of flying ( I do it, I just don’t like it)

make sure someone will take care of my dog

OK, now your turn…

1. Dear Former Miss Smarty Pants. Sorry about your non-sleeposity. FYI, I have only blogged about the national travesty and great conspiracy surrounding Auburn and the BCS like twice. That’s a whole nother issue, don’t even get me started (again).

Irregardless, glad I was able to provide some entertainment. 😉

2. Enigma says:

"I Don’t Lie"

Now that’s a big one !!!

3. Darrell says:

BOO! Sorry about the surprise Dolly, just relax while reading cookbooks in bed. Irregardless of your Former Miss Smarty Pants title, you’re still the kid that used to mow my lawn. I would ask if that’s your natural hair color, but that’s a whole nother matter. Time to leave!

4. ToddS says:

I’ve never heard someone use the word "nother." Could you use it in a sentence or somehow define what they mean?

5. Ian says:

"Someone funny like John Stewart" – I liked that.

"Dating Consultant" – I didn’t know this was a job? It sounds like a lot of fun! I think I would be good at this one:

<a href="http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/12/14/offbeat.wingman.ap/index.html">Professional Wingman</a>

6. Golden Bear says:

Thankfully you didn’t say, someone funny like Tucker Carlson!

7. Russ Moon says:

Three names you go by:

Russ

Rusty

Russell

"Nature Boy"

Three screennames you have:

russmoon@gmail.com (my e-mail address)

synchronicity078

stratomaster

Three things you like about yourself:

I’m honest.

Very disciplined, willing and able to set long term goals and achieve them

I have learned what my gifts are.

Three things you don’t like about yourself:

I can sometimes be impatient with people who cannot keep up mentally.

It still surprises me when people lie and it shouldn’t.

Sometimes I put everyone else before myself, to my own detriment. * working on that one though 🙂

Three parts of your heritage:

German

French

English

Three things that scare you:

Snakes

Invasive dental work with metal instruments (hello gas mask)

Heights – but I still do those things anyway, "Face your fear."

Three of your everyday essentials:

Espresso

My teal green Fender Stratocaster.

A little time to just "breathe" mentally and physically.

Three things you are wearing right now:

Black Adidas striped warm up pants

Long sleeve camoflaged t-shirt, "If I stay still no one can see me."

Some worn, almost worn-out New Balance cross trainers.

Three of your favorite bands/artists (at the moment):

Jeff Beck

Sheryl Crow

Josh Grogan

Three of your favorite songs at present:

Achilles Last Stand

Voodoo Chile Slight Return

Exodus

Three new things you want to try in the next 12 months:

Hot Yoga

The James River near Roanoke, VA wading with my fly rod for smallmouth bass

Recording some of my music

Three things you want in a relationship (love is a given):

Someone who is smart so I can have interesting conversation

Someone who delivers equally to what they demand OR expect

Someone who learns, grows and evolves because I will and it will never last if they don’t

Two truths and a lie:

Yes, I played that.

I’m happy to see you.

Yes, that hair color is very flattering.

Three physical things about the opposite sex (or same) that appeal to you:

radiant aura

healthy and fit

good teeth

Three things you just can’t do:

run fast

do things with less than full commitment

lie

Three of your favorite hobbies:

reading

playing guitar

working out

Three things you want to do really badly right now:

go workout

take a nice long sauna afterwards

drive 3 hours to surprise my mother for Christmas

Three careers you’re considering:

psychic medium

private thinktank

writer – I have the butcher paper on my wall with 9 major scenes mapped out, decided to finish my MBA first then fill in the blanks. That will be fun.

Three places you want to go on vacation:

Italy

Netherlands

Chicago

Three kids names:

Nu-ke (My teenage workout partner’s mothers name for him)

Crow – this guy that I worked with on a tobacco farm when a child, he is still weird

La Esponja – my childhood best friend, who is Cuban, used to drink all the water out of the cooler during our breaks one summer, we nicknamed him "La Espnja" or The Sponge.

Three things you want to do before you die:

Write several books and adapt at least one to a screenplay.

Experience love more fully, have done pretty well so far, but why not go for it all.

Grow spiritually

8. paul says:

Why not fly to Scotland in August, check out the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh http://www.edfringe.com/ then head up to the Highlands where you will find the beautiful purple Heather in bloom.

9. Heather says:

Ian-I would be the person to tell someone that you never ask your date how much they make, how much their house is worth and their monthly mortgage payment on a first date. I swear that happened to me…it was a very short date. Some people just have poor dating etiquette…I think people would pay to go out on a pretend date and get coached on that kind of stuff. I actually think I’ve seen people on TV that do this for a living.

I think of how many dating blunders I’ve seen first hand (it’s just ugly…I don’t want to talk about it) and how I wanted to tell them "psst, can I just help you out here? You don’t invite yourself over to a girl’s house and sit on her couch for 7 hours..just a tip" or "don’t tell me how you caused your mother to have a nervous breakdown when you were a kid and then laugh about it" or "don’t complain about the $75 check being expensive and tell me that I’m in charge of drinks because you paid the cover charge" Ahhhh!

All true stories…all relatively recent. It’s tough out there…be careful ; )

Hmm, I wonder if any of those dates would ever read this comment and know I was talking about them. Anyhoo, don’t worry, dating will not become a major topic on my blog. I promise.

Skip to main content