OK, I know thanksgiving is over, but I had a great week this week….
1) I really like my new office. I’m always cold, but this office is warm and kind of cozy. I got all my stuff unpacked and got so much work done because it’s so quiet over here. Only down-side is the lack of a cafeteria in the building. But I’m a pretty healthy eater so I stocked my mini-fridge with good stuff.
2) I got a Tablet PC. Someone pinch me! I’m going to call tech support to get it set up next week. I can’t wait. After my hard drive melt-down, I can’t wait to dump my old machine. Tired of all the Tablet PC product reviews from technical people? I’ll let you know what a Tablet PC is like from the perspective of the non-technical. I can’t wait. By the way, whining works…I swear! I have a feeling I’ve got my new manager, Greg, to thank for this. I can envision him going into our Director’s office and telling her he has to get me a new PC because he can’t take the whining anymore. True or not, I’m thrilled about the PC.
3) Last night was Microsoft night at Nordstrom. Met some of the girls for some great shopping (plus free food, free shipping and a coat check room…nice!) and a few glasses of wine. Did a little shopping for myself too (my birthday is coming up…so I’m entitled to a little gift, I think).
4) I’m finally making a dent in my e-mail after traveling and being sick. If you are still waiting on mail from me, I’m almost there. I’m not going to log in this weekend, but I think next week is the week I truly get caught up.
5) I am taking tomorrow off to sit at home and do nothing (actually I’ll be catching up on all the shows I Tivoed this week…didn’t have any time for TV). I’ll do a little cooking and some yard work (unavoidable). If I get really crazy, I might even wash my car. Yee haw!
6) Someone referred to me as “good-looking” on his blog (in a nice way…not creepy). He’s young enough to be my nephew….which makes it an even bigger compliment. That kind of thing can put me in a good mood for a couple days ; )
7) The suspense will soon be over..the Heisman ceremony is this weekend. Could a great week end in disappointment for me? I certainly hope not. Keeping my fingers crossed the Reggie Bush will have a nice new statue to decorate his dorm room (and one for Heritage Hall as well). Fight on!
I’ll be back on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!