I’m quoted today in the Wall Street Journal

And this probably explains the clock ticking sound in my head. Someone asked me how far I was into my 15 minutes. What the heck! The attention is flattering but that’s not what I am here for. Describing blogging as a “calling” might be a little heavy handed, but let’s just say that I’m inspired to do this by the opportunity to impact 1) peoples’ lives when making a very personal decision and 2) peoples’ understanding of marketing at Microsoft and just Microsoft in general. Plus it’s fun. I love the fact that we can have a conversation here, trade idea and nobody cares that I am having a bad hair day!

Anyhoo, if you subscribe to the WSJ, here’s the article: Blogs Catch On as Online Tool For Job Seekers and Recruiters

Special thanks to Gerry and Mark! It’s great to have “idea sponsors” outside of your company. I’ll have to blog on that later.

Update:live  link to article

1. As soon as I read your post I ran down the hallway, burst into the Sr. VP’s office, snatched his WSJ (out of his hands, no less) and flipped through stories till I saw your name in lights!

Congrats!!

2. Heather says:

You guys are so supportive. Thanks for the nice words! I just bought some copies too as many of my relatives aren’t online. This is fun!

3. Cool – I think that you do a wonderful job promoting Microsoft as an Employer of Choice…

4. William Luu says:

Congrats Heather! 🙂

Keep blogging!

5. Gautam Ghosh says:

great news heather!

Too bad we don’t get the WSJ here in India…but I guess it’s a big deal !

ciao

Gautam

6. Chris Woodruff says:

Congrats Heather!!

7. According to a Wall Street Journal report yesterday, some career experts now predict that blogs could become the next wave in electronic recruiting, following job boards and corporate career sites. In short, blogs could become a new way for recruiters to identify candidates and for job seekers to gain a clearer picture of a company’s culture on a day-to-day basis. Moreover, blogs are a great way for job seekers to express themselves in the new world of work where personal branding actually does matter! Wall Street Journal | Blogs Catch On as Online Tool For Job Seekers and Recruiters (Via…

8. Heather says:

You guys rock. It’s nice to feel such encouragement. Keep your eyes open for something in the New York Times as well. Not sure if any of my quotes will make it to print but I did an interview recently.

9. Haha, I remember my reaction to being quoted in the WSJ. Crazy feeling eh? Well deserved Heather, keep up the great work. I’ll send you some coverup so nobody can tell you’re blushing all day long 😉

10. Heather says:

Jeremy-I have to admit that it feels pretty good. I can’t lie. I bought a bunch of copies for fthe family…I’m such a dork.

11. Naw, I do the same thing whenever I’m in the paper. I’m even more of a dork. When I’m interviewed on TV I spend the 20$ for the station to mail me a copy of the segment 🙂

It’s good to be proud and to enjoy every second of it. Too bad every interview didn’t come with a bottle of decent German wine though, eh?

12. Heather was quoted in today’s Wall Street Journal in an article about blogs. Besides “actually” knowing one person and “virtually” knowing two other people who were quoted, I found the story be an interesting read. At least in the recruiting world, I

13. Heather was quoted in today’s Wall Street Journal in an article about blogs. Besides “actually” knowing one person and “virtually” knowing two other people who were quoted, I found the story be an interesting read. At least in the recruiting world, I