We are still busy hiring…always

Seattle PI reported on our hiring projections for the fiscal year 05 (which started in July). I’ve been here since the summer of 99 and I have yet to see things slow down. I guess if you work here and you want a breather, you gotta take a vacation…which, given the hot temperatures right now, doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

1. Jeff says:

Hot, you don’t know hot. The high for this weekend is going to be 114 where I live in Palm Springs right now. So you know where to not take a vacation to in the summer.

😉

The Jeff

2. Heather says:

Yeah, I know hot…my dad used to live at Big Horn and I’ve been there in the hotter months; ) But you people have AC! Most houses don’t have it here. I know it’s different (it’s dry there, we only get this kind of heat rarely), but it’s mostly just that we are unprepared for it!

3. gretchen says:

Heather is right. 🙂 Like Heather, I am a transplant from a hotter part of the country (where AC is the norm.) I can deal with hot temps when you have the opportunity to cool off. When it’s 95 outside and 85 inside, something’s gotta give! 🙂

I think it’s time to break Seattle convention and get central A/C installed at home.

4. Heather says:

hmm..party at Gretchen’s house ; )

5. Brian Lutz says:

Rarely? More like two months out of the yea-….

[The remainder of this post has been supressed by the Seattle Chamber of Commerce and Washington State Tourism Board, who remind you that it rains in Seattle. EVERY SINGLE DAY. We officially deny that this rumored "sun" you talk about even exists. Have a nice day.]

6. Heather says:

Brian must me a native and doesn’t want all us folks from other states moving here and messing it up ; )

95 degrees in the shade in the backyard (85 in the house) but I came home and filled up the mini pool for my dog… who, I’m surprised to say, jumped right in.

7. Jennifer Swanson says:

Hoping to be one of the 7000….

I was working with a recruiter for MS (an a- working at MS.) Emailing back and forth about the few perfect fits I got excited about off the MS website in the past week. But this morning, my emails to him bounce back. I have made a series of phone calls and discovered he was a temp contract recruiter for MS, and is nolonger with the company! 🙁

Is there another recruiter out there working for MS that might want to take a potential MS PM or Tech Writer under their wing? 🙂

I have a list of these positons that sound great, but now, no contact to pursue them with.

If not, I’d love some suggestions on how to get hired on at MS. Love the company, go out for usability/beta testng oncce and while. I’d really like to make my next career assignment at exciting MS.

Any suggestions/adivce welcome!

Thanks!

Jennifer

jjswanson@mac.com

8. Heather blogged about this already, but since not everyone who reads us reads her and vice versa I thought I would chime in. The Seattle PI and CNN recently wrote articles on our headcount commitments for FY05. I got a chuckle from CNN’s headline

9. Heather blogged about this already, but since not everyone who reads us reads her and vice versa I thought I would chime in. The Seattle PI and CNN recently wrote articles on our headcount commitments for FY05. I got a chuckle from CNN’s headline