Some of our developers have asked how to identify the most recent version of a HealthVault data type that has been revised. We are working to improved our naming conventions and documentation in this space, but until then here is a workaround:
- Go to the HealthVault Data Type Schema Browser at http://developer.healthvault.com/types/types.aspx
- Click on each version of your data type
- Look in the "transforms" list for an "upconversion" transform and/or a "downconversion" transform. The former means that newer versions must exist and the latter means that older versions must exist. So look for the type which has only a "downconversion" transform and you'll have found the newest version.
Here is a list of the data types that have been revised as of today:
- Family History:
- 6d39f894-f7ac-4fce-ac78-b22693bf96e6 is the first version and is listed first
- 22826e13-41e1-4ba3-8447-37dadd208fd8 is the second version and is listed second
- cd3587b5-b6e1-4565-ab3b-1c3ad45eb04f is the second version but is listed first
- 3d817dbe-af42-4a9d-a553-d1298b4d08fc is the first version but is listed second
- 30cafccc-047d-4288-94ef-643571f7919d is the second version but is listed first
- 5c5f1223-f63c-4464-870c-3e36ba471def is the first version but is listed second
- 0a5f9a43-dc88-4e9f-890f-1f9159b76e7b is the first version and is listed first
- df4db479-a1ba-42a2-8714-2b083b88150f is the second version and is listed second
- 3d4bdf01-1b3e-4afc-b41c-bd3e641a6da7 is the first version and is listed first
- 464083cc-13de-4f3e-a189-da8e47d5651b is the second version and is listed second
When trying to configure your Application Configuration Center, you will not be able to see these GUIDs but the HealthVault platform returns the data type list in the same order each time so you can use the reference chart above to make sure that you are requesting access to the right data types.
Update (20 Aug 2009): The Application Configuration Center now displays a version number for any version of a data type that isn't the newest version. No version number is displayed for the newest version, and old versions are indented and listed below the newest version, for example:
[ ] Medication
[ ] Medication (v1)
The first Medication is the most recent version, which in this case is v2.