We are happy to announce the availability of a new HealthVault SDK, which will work with the new release recently deployed to the HealthVault servers.
This release has the internal codename “PB3”, which we’ve decided to use as the released name so that it’s easier for us to know what version people are using.
Rather than doing a single long writeup of all the features, I’ve decided to do one post per feature, at least for the bigger ones. To whet your appetite a bit, the features are, in no particular order:
- Digital signing of data instances
- A lightweight method to relate one instance to another
- Support for web apps that don’t derive from HealthServicePage
- A way to ask for user authorization incrementally rather than all at once (known as “optional authorization”)
- A method of hooking up a user’s HealthVault record to an offline application without writing a web application (known as “direct to clinical”)
- A new client application that should make managing certificates easier
More detailed posts about these features will show up in the next few days. Please feel free to use them to comment on the features or ask questions in the detailed posts.,,