When an Azure account (or subscription) is set up, the following default quota limits are applied for each billing account:
- A maximum of 5 storage services
- A maximum of 20 Hosted Services
- Each Hosted Service comes with two deployment slots: staging and production
- Each deployment slot can have up to a maximum of 5 roles (any combination of web, worker, CGI, etc.)
- At any instance, there can only be 20 cores running. This is equivalent to 20 "small" roles or 10 "medium" roles or 5 "large" roles or 2 "x-large" roles.
- 100 TB of Windows Azure Storage per account
The above constraints can be lifted by submitting a service request to Azure support at https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=13185&st=1.
For more details on the above, please read the following blog post: http://blogs.msdn.com/frogs69/archive/2009/12/17/storage-quotas-and-core-allocation-on-windows-azure.aspx.