A couple of things I read with a lot of pleasure:
- The Windows Home Server is (obviously) nearing release: http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/22/hps-mediasmart-home-servers-get-a-release-date/#comments.
When it’s there, I’ll get myself one for backup, printer sharing and media sharing. Check out the Home Server Team’s blog if you’re interested too: http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver/default.aspx
- Nokia going to offer Windows Live on phones: http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/22/technology/microsoft_nokia.reut/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote
Nice. Most Windows Mobile phones are real business phones and not so much consumer phones (this is my personal opinion). Great that for instance my wife could get Windows Live Messenger on her Nokia now.
- Skype and their clarification of ‘the Microsoft Connection’ to the failure of their services: http://heartbeat.skype.com/2007/08/the_microsoft_connection_explained.html
It was great to read the reactions to the initial post and then to see how some A-list bloggers (like my favorite blogger: Dare Obasanjo) calling foul triggered a very clear response from the skype team. I really liked the tone of the skype announcement.
- And then of course there’s Tafiti. http://www.tafiti.com/#p=1&q=Windows%20Home%20Server.
I added it as a search provider in IE. This is very easy to do:
1. Open the search combobox in IE and click on ‘Find more providers’
2. In Step 3 of Create Your Own past this: http://www.tafiti.com/#p=0&q=TEST
3. In Step name the provider: for instance Tafiti
4. CLick Install and you’re done.