At IT Forum (http://www.microsoft.com/europe/msitforum/), I'll be delivering a presentation on SQL2005 - CLR Hosting for DBA's.
I'm going to organize the talk around a number of questions - ideally 10.
So here are some questions DBA are asking themselves:
- What does SQL2005 - CLR mean and how does it work?
- Can I disable it? How?
- Can I prevent the code from unstabilizing my SQL Server?
- How does .NET code fit into the ownership chains?
- Can I look into the code, debug and optimize it?
- Can I encrypt the code?
- How can I find out more about which .Net code is running?
- Can I control and check the amount of memory .NET code is using?
- Does it make my life easier in any way?
- Is .NET pushing out T-SQL?
There must be more DBA questions. If you have one, please share.