Pipeline Component Wizard for Visual Studio

Martijn has a very nice pipeline component wizard for Visual Studio .NET 2003. You can download it here.

1. Vincent says:

Hi Gilles,

Am wondering if you could help. I am a bit stucked. I’ve got BizTalk 2004 running on a Win2003 server and SQL Server on a Win2000 server. It was all working until when I tried to debug my pipeline component using pipeline.exe.

Now, when trying to open BizTalk Administration Console, I get:

Failed to access BizTalk Management database.

Cannot retrieve list of objects due to a WMI provider failure.

No such interface supported

WMI Control Properties show:

Failed to initialize all required WMI classes.

Win32_Processor: <Null>: No such interface supported

Win32_WMISetting:Sucessful

Security information: Successful

Win32_OperatingSystem: <Null>: No such interface supported

In the event viewer:

Source: ENTSSO

The SSO service is starting.

SQL Server Name: SQL2

SSO Database Name: SSODB

Not using SSL. See documentation for details on how to secure the SQL Server connection.

Source: ENTSSO

The SSO service failed to start.

Error Code: 0x80040154, Class not registered

Source: COM+

A COM+ service (such as Queued Components or Compensating Resource Manager) failed to start. The service GUID and HRESULT are: {51372AF3-CAE7-11CF-BE81-00AA00A2FA25}

Process Name: dllhost.exe

The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.

Error Code = 0x80040154 : Class not registered

COM+ Services Internals Information:

File: d:ntcomcomplussrccomsvcssrgtapicsrgtserv.cpp, Line: 63

Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4720.130 shp

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Vincent

2. Gilles says:

Vincent: Pipeline.exe does not access any BizTalk database (configuration/management …) which can sometimes be an issue while debugging a pipeline. It is very unlikely that the usage of pipeline.exe cause the problem you are seeing.

You do not give details about your custom pipeline so I am guessing at best. Is your custom pipeline making any WMI calls by any chance? If so, you should not do this.

Apparently, BizTalk WMI does not work anymore because WMI classes are not registered. WMI classes are registered at setup time, by running mfcomp on .mof file shipped with BizTalk. Assuming you did not install any software, it is unclear how the registration was lot. You could run the repair setup to reregister them.

3. Vincent says:

Gilles,

Before I tried to use pipeline.exe , I was trying to debug the custom pipeline component by writing to the event log. I wonder if this could have caused similar problems as described in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812280 . If so, how do I recover from it? I have rebooted the server many times.

I have tried running mofcomp on the .mof files found in BizTalk i.e. BTSWMISchema.mof and Microsoft.Biztalk.Hws.AdminWMIProvider.mof . Have also tried to run the repair setup. But still the same 🙁

Cheers..

4. Gilles says:

Vincent: the article you point to is related to .NET 1.0. BizTak 2004 needs .NET 1.1 and this issue has been fixed.

The error tells that you cannot access the BizTalk Management database. Did you change passwords by any chance? BizTalk needs to access databases to run properly. At configuration time, you specified usernames and passwords. If one of these changed, things won’t work nd you’ll need to update BizTalk configuration. This goes for SQL as well. You have remote SQL server n Windows 2000. If you tighten the security on SQL, this could happen.

So start the enterprise manager, connect to the server uing the user/password you specified as BizTalk Administrator and see if you can connect.

5. Vincent says:

Gilles,

Both users btsinstancehost and ssoservice can connect to the SQL server via Windows authentication. BizTalk service is running under btsinstancehost user and is able to access the BizTalk Management database from SQL Query Analyser. SSO service is running under ssoservice user and is able to access the SSODB database.

The users and passwords have not been changed. Is there anywhere else that I can check BizTalk’s configuration? Is it worth un-configuring the whole of BizTalk and re-configuring it?

cheers

6. Gilles says:

Vincent: Check if the MMC console points to the right server. Fire up the MMC, right click on "Microsoft BizTalk Server 2004" and select properties. Make sure the Db connections are good and the SSO server is OK.

7. Vincent says:

Gilles,

Properties is not available in the right click. Is there another way to get to it?

8. Gilles says:

Vincent: You might want to try to reconfigure the COM+ catalog:

If that does not work, confirm that the remote procedure call(RPC) Locator properties is set to run under

the Networkservice account (which is the default).

Unconfigure Biztalk 2004 by running configframework /u and then reconfigure

Biztalk by running configframework.

9. Vincent says:

Gilles,

After unconfiguring, when I try to re-configure it I get the error "Failed to load configuration data for feature: RulesEngine. Please see the log file for more details". Where is the log file? I have also deleted the BTS databases and it didn’t make any difference.

I think I will have to resort to re-installing the server.