TFS Proxy uses the same product key that you use to install Team Foundation Server.
If you are a volume licensed customer and you are using the volume license media, then the product key will be filled out automatically and the input boxes will be disabled.
If you are a volume licensed customer and you're upgrading from trial edition, then you will need to download your volume license media from your volume licensing reseller and obtain your volume license product key.
- Open the media in explorer
- Open up the 'AT' directory
- Use notepad to open the setup.sdb file
- Search for "Product Key" in that file
- That product key can be used to turn TFS Proxy into a fully licensed copy
Team Foundation Server Proxy is licensed on a per-device basis. A full Team Foundation Server license is required for installation; however, additional Team Foundation Server CALs are not required. You may not use a license of Team Foundation Server Workgroup Edition to satisfy this requirement.