Just over two months ago I interviewed for a position on the VSTS team in Redmond, Seattle. I hastily accepted the offer and after jumping through some visa hoops, I’ve relocated from Canberra, Australia.
What’s your new role?
It will take me a little while to settle in to the team but I can already see the different things I’ll be involved in:
- Supporting the existing internal TFS servers at Microsoft (there’s more than a few!)
- Consulting to other product teams at Microsoft on what needs to happen for them to adopt TFS
- Continue working with the community
- Ensuring that the lessons learnt internally get bubbled up to our customers
Why three blogs?
- http://OzGrant.com/ will be my personal blog. I’ll talk about the visa, relocation & cultural experiences of my time here. This will be one of the ways I’ll stay in touch with friends & family back home in Australia.
- http://blogs.msdn.com/granth/ will be my work blog. A purely TFS/Microsoft focused blog.
- http://moblog.OzGrant.com/ will be my photo blog. This is where I take photos using my phone and upload them to a blog – it’s a great way to share experiences.
Sit back, enjoy the ride and don’t forget to subscribe to the new feed: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/granth/atom.aspx