The New Business Analyzer is available on the Windows 8 App Store. There are several new features that were added to Business Analyzer, plus we have more we are planning to add in the first half of 2014. This app will become a hub for peole who are either casual users of Dynamics GP or don't even have access.
There is a single end point that all of our apps will connect to. You install the service on your server, so the app will talk to this service. This is a change from the old business analyzer that had a direct SRS connection. The strategy around this is when you have other apps that we release or and ISV creates now they can point to the same service. The end user only needs to know the link to the service and then the service knows about everything else making it easy for users to setup.
Here are the links to download the service
A few of the highlights:
- HTLM 4/Java Script
- Azure Service Bus Support
- New Roles Available
- New Landing Page defined by each user.
- Ability to have Chart and KPI's
- Management Reporter Financial Statements
Top Questions Asked:
- Business Analyzer works with GP, SL and AX. AX is in preview only.
- It's Windows 8 App only. There is a desktop app for install for Windows 7. We are doing research on adding IOS and other formats. Stay tuned.
- Any SRS report can be put into Business Analyzer from any SQL database, not just the Dynamics ones.
Here is the value prop messaging around Business Analyzer.
The user interface has changed as well. Here is a glimpse to what you will see after you download.