Employee Onboard Workflow
Modules: Human Resources & Payroll
Why this feature is cool!
When an employee is added to Payroll, there are a lot of setup steps and many departments involved. There are tasks within Human Resources and Payroll, from pay codes to benefits as well as tasks outside of HRP such as building security, ordering a computer or scheduling new employee training.
In Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, an Employee Onboard workflow has been added which can be configured to leverage the step workflow functionality to notify all departments about the new employee. The workflow submit process has been added to both Payroll Personnel Maintenance and to the Human Resource Applicant Hire window.
- Onboard tasks are displayed in Microsoft Dynamics GP, Outlook and SharePoint.
- The Onboarded employee can be routed to one or more people for approval or to complete an actionable task.
- The conditions in which an Onboarded employee can be routed can be specific to each business.
- If users are out of office, their approval tasks can be automatically routed to another user to act on their behalf.
- The workflow history of an Onboarded employee is consolidated and easily visible within Microsoft Dynamics GP or SharePoint.
- When an employee is approved, the person submitting the Onboarded employee (an originator) will receive a notification that the employee has been approved.
- If a user does not take action on their task, there are various options for escalating the Onboarded employee for approval.
What does it look like?
Workflow List in SharePoint:
Cards > Human Resources > Applicant > Hire (Submit for Approval button)
Cards > Payroll > Employee (Submit for Approval button)