Modules: Included in Payables Management, Purchase Order Processing, Receivables Management, Sales Order Processing, Collections Management, Invoicing, Field Service, Project Accounting, and Payroll
Why this feature is cool!
Have you had a question for the salesperson when entering a sales invoice? Have you played phone tag with a vendor to find out if they have an item in stock? Have you had a customer ask if they can send an order over an instant message?
For customers using Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 and Office Communicator 2007, these tasks become easier and your employees will be more productive because now you can see the contact’s communicator status directly within Dynamics GP. If they show available, you can contact them directly through Office Communicator, start a video call, initiate a phone call, or choose to send them an email. And you can choose to create an order directly from an instant message conversation without having to navigate to the right window and enter the correct vendor or customer!
- Presence can display for customers, vendors, employees and salespeople
- Messenger address is entered for a contact associated with a master record address
- Presence will display in transaction entry and inquiry windows throughout the application
- Drill back tasks are added to Office Communicator
- Create a quote, order or invoice
- Create a purchase order
- View customer or vendor information (to the Card Maintenance windows)
- Communicate with different messaging applications (at your Vendor or Customer sites)
- Office Communicator
- Live Messenger
- Yahoo Messenger and others
What does it look like?
Presence on the Vendor Maintenance card (Cards > Purchasing > Vendor)