Weekly, the Dynamics GP team will be posting a ‘Did you know?’ series. We’ll give tips, tricks, and general comments around features and functions that already exist in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Our challenge to you is…how much do you really know about Dynamics GP?
Our topic this week is Excel Report Builder.
Now, you may think, I’m happy with my SmartLists and I don’t want to start something new or I have the Crystal reports I need, so why introduce something new. Hey, I agree, it’s usually a good strategy to not mess with something that’s working. But you should ask yourself a few questions:
1. Does everyone in my business have the information they need? If they had more information could they do their job better?
2. Do you have someone in your company who spends time creating, manipulating, and distributing reports to various teams?
3. Do your leaders have graphical reports to get a pulse of the business? If so, how much time do you spend creating them?
If you said yes to any of these, Excel Report Builder may be a good option for you. And, your SmartLists will convert to Excel Reports as well, so it should be easy to get started.
Key Benefits of Excel Report Builder
- You can link multiple tables together including ISV or custom tables and report on them.
- You can format the report using functionality in Excel. Charts, Graphs, Analytic Functions..anything Excel can do.
- You can refresh the report and get real-time data, and the any formatting you created says and is updated.
- You can deploy the reports to a local machine, network folder, or SharePoint for easy access.
- You do not need to be a Dynamics GP user to view and refresh the reports.
Take a look at Excel Report Builder and let us know what you think!