WASHINGTON— Jan. 14, 2008— Microsoft Corp. and the recently formed Government Contractor Executive Forum, comprised of senior-level executives from the government contractor industry, today announced a one-day Government Contractor Summit to be held on Feb. 8, 2008. The goal of the summit is to provide government contractor executives with an overview of Microsoft Dynamics Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) compliant solutions for financial and customer relationship management.
“As a product suite end user, I found that flexibility built into the system configuration provides a solid solution in the collection of cost data by cost objectives to include allowable and unallowable cost,” said Lawrence Mocniak, CFO of Phoenix International. “With this type of system foundation, Microsoft has set the framework to prepare government contractors for accounting system review by DCAA if and when needed.”
The Government Contractor Executive Forum will play a key role in shaping the content for the summit, and provide Microsoft’s local team insight into the key business challenges facing high-growth government contractors.
“Government contractors typically have a high interest in integrated customer management solutions,” said Christine Zmuda, government contractor lead for Microsoft’s Small and Mid-market Solutions and Partners group in the company’s Mid Atlantic area. “These solutions must integrate with time, expense, project management and financial systems so the organization has a 360-degree view of proposed contracts. Microsoft is excited about the collective voice of the government contractor community the Microsoft forum represents.”
During the summit, participants will learn more about DCCA-compliant management solutions, as well as have the opportunity to network with their peers and gain access to industry best practices for customer and financial management systems.
Members of the Microsoft-assembled Government Contractor Executive Forum and summit hosts include:
- Lisa Anderson, Principal, DeAnder and Associates
- William J. Barkovic – Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, CALIBRE
- John Bender – Vice President, Advantage Consulting
- Ken Bricker – Senior Partner, Goodman and Company
- Joseph B. Dawson, Sr.- VP of Business Development, Robbins- Gioia, LLC
- Michael H. Egerer – Chief Financial Officer, Harding Security Associates, Inc.
- Marc Goldschmitt – Co-Owner, Veteran Enterprise Technology Services, LLC
- Lawrence G. Mocniak – Chief Financial Officer, Phoenix International
- Scott Tucker – President and CEO, Planet Technologies Inc
- Aleta Wilson – Principal, Government Contracting Experts