I just posted on the bits you need to install to explore all the features of Entity Framework 4 with the Visual Studio 2010 RC. I’ve also had a quick look (March 12th 2010) to see what new resources are out there on EF4. They appear a little thin on the ground – but there are some gems.
The following all caught my attention:
- Julie Lerman has published 2 How-to-videos on EF4 on pluralsight.com. You need to create a free guest pass to watch them.
- Getting Started with Entity Framework 4.0 – Session given at Cairo CodeCamp 2010 . This includes ppt and demos.
- Entity Framework 4 providers – read through the comments
- What’s new with Entity Framework in Visual Studio 2010 RC
- Extending the design surface of EF4 using the Extension Starter Kit
- Persistence Ignorance and EF4 on geekSpeak on channel 9 (poor audio IMHO – I gave up)
- First of a series of posts on EF4
- How to stop your dba having a heart attack with EF4 from Simon Sabin in the UK. This includes ppt and demos.
And the biggy. You no longer have to depend on SQL Profiler to keep an eye on the generated SQL. There is now a commercial profiler for Entity Framework. I am yet to try it – but I listened to a .NET rocks podcast which made it sound great. It is “hidden” in a session on DSLs in Boo –> Oren Eini on creating DSLs in Boo. This is a much richer experience than you would get from SQL Profiler – matching the SQL to the .NET code.
And finally a momentous #fail to … drum roll… the Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 Training Kit Feb release. This just contains one ppt on EF4 – and it is not even a good one. Real shame.
P.S. I will update the 101 EF4 Resources with the above … but post devweek in case I find some more goodies.