Earlier this week, for the Atlanta chapter of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA) I gave an introductory talk on building Metro style games for Windows 8. It was great to see so many folks excited about building games for Windows 8, out of the 50 people who attended, almost all are going to explore doing so.
Here is a collection of resources that I mentioned that will get you started:
- Download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview and the beta for Visual Studio 11
- Slides from my talk are available in the download Creating a Great Metro Style Game for Windows 8.
- Videos from our BUILD conference around game development in Windows 8
- An excellent tutorial on using Expression Blend to design a memory game in HTML5
- Create a DirectX game
- What’s new in Direct3D 11.1