A Web Afternoon is a mini event intended to inspire and educate people who love the web. It’s being put on by the leaders of the Atlanta Web Design Group.
Think TED, but for the web. Both speakers and attendees will be people from a variety of disciplines, but who all share a common passion for making the web a better place.
A Web Afternoon will take place on Saturday, October 22, at the GTRI Conference Center in Atlanta.
Learn more and get your tickets here. Bonus: Even though tickets are now $50, just use the code ‘amigos’ when you checkout to get $15 off.
You come to events like this to learn new things, and our lineup of insightful, engaging people will leave you educated and inspired.
- Faruk Ates :: Co-creator of Modernizer and former Apple UI designer
- Denise Jacobs :: Author of the CSS Detective Guide, co-author of InterAct with Web Standards
- Ben Friedman :: A partner at Iconologic and former AIGA Atlanta President
- Leslie Jensen-Inman :: Co-creator of Make Awesomeness, creative director of InterAct with Web Standards
- Theo Rosendorf :: Author of the Typography Desk Reference and Creative Director at Matador.
- Michael Mogill :: Founder of ATL Nightlife and Reboot Music, VP of FIT Radio.
- Todd Schnick :: Marketing strategist, radio show host, and editor of the 40in240 Mini-MBA project.
Everyone loves free stuff. At A Web Afternoon you’ll bathe in free WiFi and park your car for free. Plus they’ll be giving away a copy of Adobe Creative Suite Web Premium CS5.5 to one lucky attendee.
And since they know you’re thirsty, Coffee, soda, water, and other refreshments from Octane Coffee will be available at all times during the event.
AN AFTER-PARTY, TOO!
Of course it wouldn’t be a good web event without an after-party. We’ve sequestered a great view of the Atlanta skyline at Rooftop 866 in the Renaissance Midtown. You can join for drinks and conversation, but you’ll need your Web Afternoon ticket to do so. 🙂