Many thanks to the folks who came out for my talk last week at Atlanta PHP on Windows Azure. I loved the questions and our dialog! Here are some useful resources to get you started.
Slide deck – Scaling big while sleeping well
Good articles by Josh Holmes
- Easy Setup for PHP On Azure Development
- Resolving PHP version conflicts while developing for Azure
- Creating a Simple PHP Blog in Azure
Here are a couple of notes about PHP on Windows Azure since Josh wrote those posts.
- I was having trouble running Eclipse even though I had installed the Java JRE. Turns out I needed to also have Java installed for IE. Once I did that, Eclipse ran just fine.
- The Windows Azure Tools for Eclipse only worked with Eclipse 2.1. I had initially tried 2.2 but had to roll back.
Here are some good resources for PHP on Windows Azure
- The Windows Azure SDK for PHP developers, which allows you to easily work with Azure Blobs, Tables & Queues
- Windows Azure PHP contributions – This open-source project is a contribution to the PHP tooling for the Windows Azure platform.
- Video: Building PHP Applications using the Windows Azure Platform from Microsoft’s MIX conference