Kickoff of Windows Vista and Office 2007 Launch events (for Developers)

Well, after months of planning, umpteen conference calls, at least a dozen content revisions, and one rough karaoke song at a team meeting practicing delivery…

…we finally kicked of our launch tour starting in Greenville, SC. There was a great crowd, especially in the IT Pro track in the morning. In fact the local news was there filming the story. I wasn’t in the clip, which is a good thing since I would have babled on about Vista’s developer features – not a good sound bite!

If you attended the Greenville event, I’d love to hear your feedback about how the event was for you.

Next up is Charlotte, NC with over 700 people registered. Excuse me while I go take a valium so I’m not stressed over the launch. Not to mention the fact that there is a winter storm watch. So if you are in the Charlotte area, coming to the launch events, be careful!!!

Before I go let me leave you with a shot of the giant peach that’s found on I-85 between Greenville and Charlotte. I thought Georgia (where I live) was the peach state, but now I’m not so sure. Does anyone know what this is about? If so, leave a comment.

1. Larry Johnson says:

It’s a water tower.  We have one in Alabama on Interstate 65 in Clanton.  They grow a lot of peaches there.

2. David Wilkes says:

There is a large Peach Tree Farm Located there. I am uncertain of the name of it. I live in Greensboro, NC, but I have gone by there. Up here during the Peach Season they are selling SC – peaches. I am not sure if they are suppose to be better then NC peaches or GA peaches.

3. David Wilkes says:

4. rams says:

Even though GA is known as the Peach State, SC is the largest producer of peach in the country.

5. Noah says:

It’s actually known as the Peachoid, and is in Gaffney, SC. It symbolizes how SC produces more peaches than any other state in the country. It was built in 1981, and it’s history can be found here: http://www.gaffney-sc.com/Waterpeach.htm#The%20History

6. GlenGordon says:

Noah, will you contact me? I didn’t see a way to reach you through your comment and I have another question for you. Thanks!

7. francis says:

Yes i have a question and i’ll try not to be sarcastic.  Can someone please tell me how to register for this event. i’ve navigated every which was to find the registration page and its no where to be found.   Thank you

8. Rajah Chacko says:

Hi, Glen, thanks for braving the near-freezing weather here in Charlotte. Hope your next visit will be short-sleeve weather!

Skip to main content