In the last days I set up a demo app running on a SmartPhone / PocketPC. I needed to wake-up an app on the SP by sending an SMS. This is well described in http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetcomp/html/ReceivingSMSMessages.asp. The hard part is setting the security right, because SMS is a privileged operation. For an in-depth description see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppcgen/html/smartphone_security.asp.
These are the steps for unmanaged code.
- Reboot the phone
- Connect the USB cable
- Select Guest partnership
- Launch the "Smartphone 2003 SDK" command prompt
- Type spdps /create /device
This is needed just once. The next time
- Open the embedded Visual C++ project
- Verify that the binaries will be signed with the "Smartphone 2003 Privileged Test Signing Authority"
- Deploy the application to the device