TechEd NA 2011 Session Recording: CRM and SharePoint

My session titled “Integrating Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online” from TechEd North America 2011 was recorded and can be viewed on-demand at the link posted below.

Source code of all my demos in this session is available here: Source Code from my TechEd OSP309 Session.

I also found out that John Anderson from Bamboo Solution has done a great job summarizing my session in his blog here: http://community.bamboosolutions.com/blogs/sharepoint-2010/archive/2011/05/17/teched-integrating-microsoft-sharepoint-2010-and-microsoft-dynamics-crm-online-with-girish-raja.aspx.

BTW channel9 has the recordings of all sessions from TechEd North America 2011 and you can watch/download them here: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2011/. Even if you didn’t attend TechEd, you can watch all the sessions including the keynote, so don’t miss out on your favorite content.

TechEdOSP309

1. Lon Orenstein says:

Thanks Girish!  Can you clarify whether SharePoint 2010 that is part of Office 365 will allow CRM Online to connect and be the document repository?  There's a lot of speculation and mixed messages on the forums.

Take care,

Lon

2. Great stuff Girish. Would you be able to comment on getting the integration to work with CRM 2011 Online and hosted SharePoint 2010. I have full access to the hosted SharePoint server and have successfully installed the list component. It is activated. I can open the site with no issues.

When I try to connect CRM Online to that SharePoint server and validate, I get an error "List component is not installed on the SharePoint URL". It is clearly reaching the SharePoint server (I was initially prompted with a login during validation).

SharePoint is installed standalone on a single server. I tried setting all members to have full control, also tried setting it to anonymous access. Finally tried setting Alternate Access Mapping. Nothing seems to work for this scenario.

Thanks,

Mike

3. Girish Raja says:

@HammoINF Given your question is environment specific, can you try opening a support case (go.microsoft.com/fwlink)? You could also try posting it in the CRM Forums (social.microsoft.com/…/threads) where we have MVPs, development and support teams monitoring forum posts on a regular basis.

4. Mike says:

Thanks for the info.

I have posted on various sites with no resolution as yet. I will open a ticket and try the site above.

To your knowledge this should be something that works though right? I have actually tried this on 2 different servers and getting the same errors. I can actually get it to work if the SP site is on our own domain. Doesn't make any sense to me.

5. Girish Raja says:

Mike,

Yes, it should generally work.

6. Kumar says:

Girish,

I am having the similar issue like Mike mentioned above. But I am using CRM 2011 Online version, and installed SharePoint server on my local system. The CRM list component is activated, and I followed all the steps mentioned on the download page. But I am still getting the list component not detected error. Is is it possible to connect from CRM 2011 Online to SharePoint 2010 server (On-Premise server with windows authentication)?

7. Girish Raja says:

Can you trying adding the sharepoint site and crm site to "Trusted sites" within the browser? Also can you try enabling mixed-mode content rendering? That'll help isolate the issue.