MSDN Webcast: Integrating SharePoint 2010 and CRM 2011 Online

Updated: 23rd February 2011 – This webcast was recorded and can be viewed on-demand here: You can view the slides used in this webcast using the PPT Web App at the bottom of this post. Also please note that the BCS connector shown in the webcast is not supported by the CRM support team.

On February 22nd , I’ll be presenting an MSDN webcast titled Integrating SharePoint 2010 and CRM 2011 Online. It is a 300-level webcast for  programmers, developers & architects , so I’ll delve deeper into code and architecture. The topic of integrating SharePoint & CRM is something I’ve been presenting for more than an year but every time I deliver this, there is definitely new content available for me to present. This time is no exception as you’ll get a preview of the BCS connector we’re working on and also I’m excited to show a couple more interesting demos.

You can signup for the webcast here:
Date & Time: Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 9:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)

Below is the abstract for the webcast. Let me know (by leaving a comment below) if you’d like me to cover anything specific that might be of interest to you.

Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a match made in heaven. With Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, Microsoft provides out-of-box document integration with Microsoft SharePoint 2010, but customers are increasingly looking for ways to integrate these two technologies further. In this developer-focused webcast, we look at how you can bring Microsoft Dynamics CRM data to SharePoint using web parts, Microsoft Business Connectivity Services (BCS), web services, and more. We also demonstrate the BCS adapter for Microsoft Dynamics CRM and an end-to-end online application connecting Microsoft SharePoint Online, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, Microsoft Silverlight, and Windows Azure. If you want to understand how to integrate SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM, then you don’t want to miss this webcast.

You can view the slides used in this webcast using the PPT Web App below:

1. Hi,

can I download this webcast on the next day ?

Or is the webcast anywehere available excepting the date tomorrow ?

Best regards

2. Girish Raja says:

Yes, the webcast recording willl be made available usually within 48 hours after the webcast. I'll update this blog post with the recording link once it's made available.

-Girish Raja.

3. MagnetismNZ says:

When will the recording be available for this webcast?

Kind regards

4. David says:

Thanks for the great webcast presentation.  Look forward to the webcast recording.

5. Girish Raja says:

Yes, this webcast was recorded and can be viewed on-demand here:…/view.

6. Geoff says:

Hi Girish,

Thanks for the webcast, very useful.

Quick question, we have installed the CRM 4.0 list web part to SP 2010. However the problem is we can only display CRM system wide views through the webpart.

We want to display custom views of Accounts and Opportunities in SP. What is the best approach? The Sliverlight webpart? How much development is required?

I'm a bit perplexed as to why the MS list web part only allows CRM system wide views & not custom/my views?

Any advice is much appreciated 🙂

7. Simon Hetzel says:

CRM has the ability to "convert" a number of different types of records from one entity type to another (e.g. an opportunity into an account etc.).

A question I've asked a couple of times to different people (but yet to get an answer) is what happens to the documents stored in sharepoint that were associated with the orgiinal record?

— Simon

8. Daniel Janse says:

Hi Girish,

Can you tell me when the .net applicatie that supports CRUD operation for BCS will be available?

Could you publish the source code?

9. Sriram says:

Hi Girish

When would the BCS adapter for Microsoft Dynamics CRM  would be available?

10. Rick says:

Hey Girish,

When will the source code and/or executable be available for download?

11. Dave says:

Hi Girish,

Thanks for the great webcast.  I have been looking into linking our CRM 2011 installation with our SharePoint 2010 installation using BCS, and have used your webcast as a basis for this.  I have created a command-line tool to generate the CRM entity and service classes, as well as the bdcm definition; the source-code and binary verison of this tool can be found on my blog, along with a walkthrough of how to use it:…/SharePoint-and-CRM-2011-Integration-BCS-Generator-Tool.aspx.

At the moment, this only outputs the Finder and SpecificFinder for each entity, but could be easily adapted (with a bit of XSLT knowledge) to include all of the CRUD methods.  It should also be able to be 'imported' into a Visual Studio BCS project.

Thanks again,

12. Andrew says:

Hi Girish, I great webcast.  I have just setup the integration for CRM Online and O365 Beta and got to the point you explained about SharePoint online not supporting HTC components.  Do you know hiw I can find out if/when this may be resolved?

13. Trenton says:

Hi Girish,  I was just wondering if there was an update on the release of the BCS adapter?

14. Osvaldo says:

Hi Girish,

Thanks for the presentation. Can you publish the BCS generator tool you showed in your presentation?

Kind regards

15. Aben says:

Just blogged the entire process of Integration of CRM 2011 and SharePoint 2010…/sharepoint-2010-and-crm-2011-integration

16. Ara says:

Hello – when will there be a webcast for Sharepoint 2010 Portal and CRM integration?

17. Paul says:

Hi, has anyone been able to get this to work using CRM online and Sharepoint on-premise?  I keep getting an error that the list component is not installed, even though it is.  I've seen some others having this problem, but not a resolution under this configuration.  Thanks.

18. Girish Raja says:

I was able to get CRM Online connected with SharePoint On-premises for document library on numerous instances. Have you started the user code service? This is a supported configuration, so if you are still running into errors, I'd recommend posting on the forums or opening a support case.

19. Shivam says:

Hi Girish,

Thanks for the Great webcast.

I tried the same method for the CRM 2011 online and office 365 SharePoint site. When i try to activate the uploaded solution it gives me the following error:

Sandboxed code execution request failed.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: 8de40d34-c7f4-474b-ae12-04901cf916ac

Date and Time: 12/1/2011 6:59:23 AM

Could please help me on this.

Thanks and Regards,

20. Havi Ergar says:

I ve recently buy your book. But it s this workaround valid for a local sharepoint instance??

21. Girish Raja says:

@Shivam, The list component works only with the E-plan (Enterprise) of Office 365. If you have the P-plan (Small business) plan, list component doesn't work with it today.

22. Girish Raja says:

@Havi, If you are talking about the Azure or IIS Proxy workaround, then yes, it will be valid for a local sharepoint instance.

23. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solutions says:

Hi. Thanks for great webcast. Integration of Sharepoint 2010 and CRM 2011 online would be great.

24. sfernandez says:

how to connect CRM onpremisse 2011 to sharepoint foundation 2013? (windows credentials)