Thanks to Ravi Nar and the Vista Squad folks for participating yesterday at the “Building RIA for Desktop, Web & Mobile using Silverlight & WPF” session in London. I really enjoyed presenting with you and answering your questions (it’s been a while since I had so many questions in such a short timeframe )…and talk with .NET, LINQ, Mobile, ASP.NET…as well as Python and Flash developers.
I’d like to give here a few links as follow-up to the presentation:
1) WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation)
WPF is a next-generation presentation system for building Windows client applications with visually stunning user experiences. With WPF, you can create a wide range of both standalone and browser-hosted applications.
- MIX 08 Las Vegas Keynote (Recorded Video of the Keynote)
- http://windowsclient.net (Home)
- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms754130.aspx (Getting Started)
I’ll publish the source code for some of the demo you’ve seen yesterday in the next post.
Microsoft Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device plug-in for delivering the next generation of .NET based media experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web. (Luckily you all already knew the definition )
- http://silverlight.net (Home)
- Deep Zoom with Tag Support
- NHS Silverlight Patient Journey Demonstrator (Martin, Sergei)
Again, I’ll publish in the next days the source code for the demo you’ve seen yesterday.
3) Silverlight for Mobile
Bringing Silverlight to devices expands the reach that developers and designers have when creating rich Internet applications. This enables them to easily leverage content, assets, and code that they are using today for browser-based Silverlight applications. Support for Silverlight on devices will quickly help change the landscape for the types of user experiences consumers can expect from their phones by bridging rich interactivity, wireless data, media and more.
- http://silverlight.net/learn/mobile.aspx (Home)
- Videos of my demo from MIX
- Nokia and Microsoft Press Release
- Mobile Developers by Amit
Feel free to ask me questions or to send me feedbacks, by commenting this post. Thanks again to everybody, I’m looking forward to meeting you again soon
PS: just as a reminder, Forza Italia!