Our efforts on SaaS architecture guidance are growing and we are hiring.
There are more aspects we want to provide architecture guidance on, more customers and partners we want to engage with, more discussions with the Microsoft product teams we want to have.
So… if you are: a seasoned solutions architect, with experience in building SaaS application or experience in leading large enterprise SOA initiatives, interested in contributing to the work we have been doing around SaaS, I’d like to hear from you.
Typical activities: publish architecture guidance akin to the one published here or here; present at conferences such as this one or this one; interact with Microsoft product team such as Office Live, Windows Sharepoint Services…
[Note that, infrastructure architecture (although critical) is not the focus of this role; applicants will have to have designed and built large scale software systems]
- currently working or have worked at a SaaS company as a lead architect
- currently working or have worked at a Telco or big Hoster as a lead architect on their solutions side (not infrastructure)
- currently working or have worked at a large enterprise, as a lead architect on the SOA initiatives
- currently working or have worked at a large consumer web site, as a lead architect
- have already published articles on the web
- have written a book
- have a popular blog
- have already presented in front of large audiences
- not afraid going hands on (coding is not the primary task, but if last time you coded was in 1992 in Fortran, it will not be a big plus)
FYI, your business card would read: Solutions Architect, Architecture Strategy Team, Microsoft
The position is based at the Microsoft HQ in Redmond, WA; here to be precise (due to the nature of the work, you will have to be working in Redmond,Wa, no exception)
Unfortunately, H1-B visa cap has been reached so we cannot sponsor a work permit at this stage, only people with already valid work permit in the US will be considered no exception (it is a shame if you ask me, but there is nothing we can do)
You can email me your resume directly: gianpc (at) microsoft.com subject: saas job or better yet apply through the official channel here
If you are not interested but know people who might be, do not hesitate to forward this post, blog about it etc…
looking forward to hearing from you!