Designers Are Next

Yes that’s right, I will be looking at what to do with some of the Expression Suite of products in my planning for this next fiscal year.  I will be meeting with representatives from the Expression Design team this afternoon to discuss training and certification for that product.

Now, I am able to draw a paycheck, but I have no artistic talents whatsoever.  I do have Expression Design installed, along with the other products in that suite, but have only opened Expression Blend thus far.

So, it should be an interesting discussion and certainly will help me better understand a product I haven’t used yet.  I am intrigued about the designer audience and how we can meet their needs to create an industry certification for this product and technology.  I look forward to working with the Expression Design team towards this goal.

Stay tuned for the results.

Gerry

1. Tony says:

Keen to see your expected 3.5 exam release dates

2. gerryo says:

Hi Tony,

Which exams are you looking for?  Most of the .NET 3.5 exams are already released with the exception of a couple.

Gerry

3. Niall says:

Good to see it coming down the pipeline. Let me know when the beta is shipping, I have one designer in here who would love a pop at it

4. Smith says:

Hello Gerry,

I believe that Tony was refering MCPD 3.5 exams.

5. Mark Price says:

This time last year I taught a "Silverlight for Designers" three-day course several times to dozens of designers from design agencies in UK, MEA and CEE regions. Based on their feedback I would recommend only an Expression Blend certification.

I wouldn’t bother with a cert for Design because most designers are going to stick with Adobe products on their Macs, and use conversion tools (including Design!) to generate XAML for importation into Blend. Encoder isn’t complex enough to have an exam of it’s own. Expression Web is a great product, but I can’t see many wanting certification with it.

Of course, that was a year ago, and I’m sure the Design team is adding lots of cool stuff…

6. Mark Price says:

p.s. I suspect you’ll have just as many developers as designers interested in a Blend cert. And I’ll be one of them. 😉

7. gerryo says:

Hi Smith,

Even at that, there are 12 total exams for .NET 3.5.  I need to know which ones he is waiting for, before I can offer release dates.  🙂

Gerry

8. gerryo says:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the feedback!  Greatly appreciated to have this kind of information available.

Gerry

9. Smith says:

Hello Gerry,

I’m waiting for 071-564, 071-505, 071-565 and 071-563 results. 😉

Thanks.

10. Barry says:

Hi Gerry,

I’m also keen to see a date.

I’d like to know when 70-564: ASP.Net Deveoper 305 is comming, I’m preparing for it for some time now.

Thanks in advance!

11. gerryo says:

Results are typically available shortly after the exam goes live.  Here are the current live dates I have;

70-505 February 2, 2009

70-563 February 3, 2009

70-564 January 29, 2009

70-565 February 23, 2009

Gerry

12. isakbozzy says:

Hi Gerry,

Hows things?

Just wondering if you know the release date of the above book and if not where I could find out.

I would like to prepare for Exam 70-505 and have no idea where to begin without the book.

Thanks

Isak

13. gerryo says:

Hi Isak,

Can you be a little more specific as to what book you are referring to>  I don’t see on listed above here.

Gerry

14. Stephen Garner says:

I guess Isak means this one (the self-paced training kit):

– Feb 29th

15. gerryo says:

Hi Stephen,

If that is the case, then your link answers Isak’s question.  The page shows the date of February 25, 2009.

Thanks

Gerry

16. tarul@hotmail.com says:

Prometric has published the results for 71-564 PRO: ASP.NET, today.

17. Felipe says:

Yup, results are there. I’m so happy because i passed.   I remember that when I passed an exam I used to received a Microsoft mail confirming that, but not this time.

18. Geoff says:

Prometric have published results for 71-505 and 71-563.

19. Peter says:

I saw one email come in last week (1/23) telling me I didn’t pass some exam. I can narrow it down, and I suspect that it is for 563, but no where in the email does it say what I flunked. The email for a "pass" at least gives me the name of the exam I passed, so I can cross that one off my list of things to wait for. My employer gives bonuses for passing certification exams (we’re gold partners).

20. Ulugbek Umirov says:

Peter, what prevents you from checking your account at Prometric and find out info about failed/passed exams?

As for me, 70-563 is still "Tested", but I hope for the best.

21. Isak says:

Hi Gerry,

I was just wondering what your current live dates are. I see in a previous post you said that these were the current live dates at the time:

70-505 February 2, 2009

70-563 February 3, 2009

I can’t see 70-505 on Prometric so just wondering if these dates have changed.

Thanks

Isak

22. Peter says:

Well, well, well. I didn’t know one could look up the results on prometric. 563 still shows up as "tested" for me as well, and it was 564 that was "teh fail."