Weekly Exam Status Update

Here are the current schedule dates for the developer and SQL Server exams that are set to release in either beta or live version.  Dates are mm/dd/yyyy.

SQL Exams

70-432 - Live

70-433 - 12/10/2008 (live release)

70-448 - Live

70-450 - 11/12/2008 (live release)

70-451 - 11/26/2008 (live release)

70-452 - 11/10/2008 (live release)

70-453 - 11/11/2008 (live release)

70-454 - 12/9/2008 (live release)

70-455 - 11/10/2008 (live release)

Developer Exams

70-505 - 11/3/2008 to 11/21/2008 (beta)

70-563 - 10/13/2008 to 10/30/2008 (beta)

70-564 - 11/6/2008 to 12/1/2008 (beta)

70-565 - 11/10/2008 to 12/3/2008 (beta)

70-566, 70-567, 70-568, and 70-569 will not have a beta and will release around the same time as the pro level exams.  These dates are in flux at the moment.

1. tarul@hotmail.com says:

Thanks for the update Gerry!

The initial announcement for 70-563 said the beta period is till 10/30/2008.

Prometric site also allows to schedule till 10/30/08 only.

Could you please update Prometric with the correct end date of 11/03/2008?

I would like to use the week-end (11/01 or 11/02) to take the exam.

Thanks

Titus

2. No, but I will update my post to eliminate my typo.  πŸ™‚

3. Cuan Brown says:

Gerry, I noticed a few posts mentioning the developer exams you said are in flux will be around Jan 09. Is this just a rumour mill?

4. Hi Cuan,

Which post are you referring to?

As for a rumor mill, that is something that you will not find here.

I am the Product Planner for developer and SQL certifications at Microsoft so what I post is factual.  I know it’s true because I’m the one that makes the decisions.  πŸ™‚

The dates that are posted here are always tentative because there are many unforseen circumstances that can delay exams.  What I post is what is current at the time.

Is there a specific exam that you are looking for or are concerned about?

5. Hi Cuan,

Which post are you referring to?

As for a rumor mill, that is something that you will not find here.

Is there a specific exam that you are looking for or are concerned about?

6. Cuan says:

Hi Gerry,

Sorry for being a bit obtuse/cryptic. Actually I was refering to  the exams 70-568/70-569. I saw an aussie MS blogger mention Jan 09 release dates as well as cert forums mentioning the 19th Jan (hence rumour mills), but obviously you would know better than anyone :>

I am looking at the upgrades for myself and would like to know when they are available.

Sorry for the confusion.

7. S.Y. Paul Lai says:

The beta time for 505, 564 and 564 are overlapping.  I will be busy in the comming weeks, if I can get the beta promotion keys.

8. BEACHDBA says:

I see 70-453 live release is right around the corner?  Any plans to have a 70-453 specific preparation guide before then?

9. Hi Cuan,

Not a problem, I wasn’t sure if you were talking about posts here or not.  Thanks for the clarification.

The dates in this post are valid as of right now but are subject to change.

10. Hi Paul,

Keys are forthcoming.  πŸ™‚

11. Hi Beach,

Yes, the prep guides should be online shortly.

12. Steve says:

For the SQL Server 2008 upgrade exams and specifically the 70-455 exam being released on the 11/10/2008.  Are the questions all multiple choice, or all testlet formats, or a combination of both?  In SQL Server 2005 certifications for example the 70-445 (TS: BI) was multiple choice, but the 70-446 (PRO: BI) was testlet format.

Regards

Steve

13. SteveHunt says:

Dear Gerry,

Can you advise what the format of the 70-455 upgrade exam will be when it is released on 11/10/2008.  I have taken all the SQL Server 2005 exams, and the TS flavour tended to be multiple choice, and PRO tended to be Testlet format.  As the 70-455 is an upgrade exam, will the exam format combine both flavours of exam question?

Regards

Steve

14. Chris Keenan says:

Hi Gerry I notice the objectives for 70-505 seem to have changed and no longer covers deployment. What the scoop?

Thanks

CK

15. Hi Chris,

I need to check on the prep guide when I get back in the office next week.  When I checked it online, it didn’t appear to be complete.

I suspect a small foul up in the creation or publishing of the guide.

16. Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, I cannot offer that information.  The content and format of the exam is not open for public discussion and is part of the NDA that is signed by exam candidates.

Sorry.

17. SteveHunt says:

Dear Gerry,

Thanks for putting me straight.  As this topic should not be in the public domain, please delete my posts.

Regards

Steve

18. Hi Steve,

No need to delete the post as we didn’t discuss anything.  Most people don’t know they aren’t allowed to discuss it so I wouldn’t worry about it.  πŸ™‚

19. Rban says:

Hi Jerry,

I noticed that the 70-505 is already available in Prometric, just checking to see when you will be providing the promo code for this beta.

thanks

R-ban

20. Nick Christie says:

Gerry,

Are the results of the beta’s ever released?

i.e. Number of people who sat the exam / number who passed etc

Also are the statistics for all the live exams ever posted anywhere

Just Curious

Nick

21. Hi Nick.

That information is not made available to the public, sorry.  πŸ™‚

22. Hi R-Ban,

It is not available yet.  The beta code will be made available on this blog and the Certification announcemnt blog when it is ready.

23. tarul@hotmail.com says:

Gerry

The online prep-guide for 70-505 is missing the latter half of the guide (missing the last 4 sections from the original prep-guide).

Regards

Titus

24. Looking into it,

Thanks

25. Sorry Nick,

I thought you were after some deeper data than that.  This basically lists the people who acheived the certification but doesn’t go into the pass fail ratios nor does it drill down into individual exams.

I thought that was the data you wanted but this page gives you an idea as to the number of people certified and the credential, yes.

26. Luis says:

Hello, I would like to know which books should I buy for 70-568 and 70-569.

I searched amazon and it seems there wont be books on this issue.

le.valencia at  hotmail dot com

27. tarul@hotmail.com says:

Gerry,

71-565 is listed in Prometric site as available for testing. Any info on when the promo code will be available?

thanks

Titus

28. Hi Titus,

If the exam will be opened to the public, which these will BTW, the beta codes will be posted here on this blog along with the invitation.

If you don’t see the invite or beta code here, then one of two things happened;

1) The exam is not open to the public which means the code won’t be posted.

2) The exam number was put up on Prometric’s site too soon.

29. Hi Luis,

Microsoft Press will not be creating any training kits for these upgrade exams at this time.

I recommend that you visit http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpd/vstudio/2008/default.mspx and look at the exams that these upgrades will cover and use those training materials to prepare.

Keep checking on Amazon as other publishers may make some training materials available for these, but I am not aware of any at this time.

30. Charles Barnett says:

Is 70-453 going to available? I wanted to look at the updated curriculum and such. Upgrades should really be available first.

Charles

31. tarul@hotmail.com says:

Gerry

71-563 is showing up on Prometric now. Is the beta reopened? Will the previous promo code work?

Regards

Titus

32. Hi Titus,

You’re too quick.  I need to post that today but the answer to your questions are:

33. tarul@hotmail.com says:

Thanks!

I already took the exam during the first beta period. I asked because a friend of mine was interested at that time but it was too late for him to register. I will direct him to your blog.

Does ‘the exam being available again’ mean that I didn’t do good enough to qualify as a valid candidate for statistics, the last time?:-)

Thanks

Titus

34. Hi Titus,

No results from the exam yet.  We will use the past deliveries plus this round and look at it all together.

35. Vadym says:

Is there any materials to prepare for 70-453 in the world ? I am going to have a chance to pass in shortly…

36. Phillip Cox says:

Hi Gerry,

Seems exam 70-453 is still not available and wondered if you have any updated information on expected release date?

Thanks,

Phillip Cox

SQL Server Consultant

MCITP – DBAdmin – SQL Server 2005

MCTS –  SQL Server 2005

MCP –    SQL Server 2000

37. Hi Phillip,

70-453 is available on the Prometric site.

38. tarul@hotmail.com says:

Gerry

Any other betas in the pipeline?

I believe you mentioned you were thinking of MSF v4 a while ago?

Thanks

Titus

39. Hi Titus,

Nothing in the pipeline for me for the next little while.  MSF is not in the immediate plans.

40. tarul@hotmail.com says:

Gerry

Is 70-433 still on track for release on 12/10?

Thanks

Titus

41. The project schedule says that 12/10 is still the release date.  πŸ™‚

42. Gogula says:

Gerry,

It’s the 11th and the 70-433 exam is still not listed in Prometric.com, when I try to schedule an appointment. Any reason for this?

Thanks

43. Gogula,

I will look into the delay but the exam should be in the system.

As usual, give Prometric some time to ensure they have it entered into all systems world wide.

44. Bruno Lins says:

Hi Gerry,

Do you know if the 70-563 beta results will be delayed because the new window to register, if not can you tell me when this exam will be released.

Thanks,

Bruno

45. Yes, they will be slightly delayed as a result but they should be out shortly as will the exam in it’s live version.

46. Vadym says:

Passed 70-453 last monday and became charter member. Not too complex exam though I gained only 700 out of 1000. Prepared to exam using http://db-staff.com/index.php/microsoft-sql-server/57-mcitp-sql-server-2008-administrator

actually the book inroducing sql server 2008 is enough if you are a guru in sql 2005.

Thanks, Vadym.

47. tarul@hotmail.com says:

Gerry

Could you please pass us info on the expected live/release dates of 70-505, 70-563, 70-564 and 70-565?

Thanks

Titus

48. Hi Titus,

Not at this time.  I am reviewing a few issues with slips etc. and I can’t comment on dates at this time.

Sorry.

49. Ivan says:

Hello, Gerry.

Could you, please, confirm that exam 70-433: SQL Server 2008 Database Developer is released?

I am frequently viewing its homepage (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-433.mspx) and there are still no updates if the exam is released or not.

Thank you.

Ivan

50. Ivan says:

Hi, Gerry.

Could you please confirm that exam 70-433: SQL Server 2008 Database Developer is released?

I am frequently viewing its homepage (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-433.mspx), but there are still no updates about exam’s release date.

Thank you!

Ivan

51. Isak B says:

Hi Gerry,

I know loads of people are hassling you with dates for exams. So hope I am not one, but I am studying for the 70-505 and 70-563 exams and my company want me to write whatever exam I choose before the second week in February.

I know you can’t garuntee anything, but are you confident that these exams will be published by February 12th.

I just don’t want to waste my time in studying and then not be able to write them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Isak

52. Ivan,

The holidays messed with updating the exam prep guide pages.  Exam 70-433 is available now.  All you have to do is to check the Prometric Web site.

53. Hi Isak,

I can tell you that at this time, 70-563 will not be available by the 2nd week of February although 70-505 should be.

As you noted, I can’t guarantee this due to variables that are currently outside my control.

54. bozzyozzy says:

Thanks Gerry,

Really appreciate your feedback!

Isak

55. Cliff says:

Any update on when 70-567 will be available?

56. Hi Cliff,

Early March is the best I can tell you at this point.

57. Steve Maxwell says:

Hi Gerry,

Could you clarify exactly when 70-453 was released for live audiences please? I’ve passed my 70-453 on 09-01-27; however MCP Regional Support have the official release as July 08 and as such; I miss out on the charter membership.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

58. Hi Steve,

The official live date for this exam was November 11, 2008.

In your date, is 09 the month or the day?

59. Steve Maxwell says:

Hi Gerry,

The upgrade exam was passed on the 27th Jan 09; so as far as I can see it’s well inside the 6 months for being a charter member.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

60. Steve Maxwell says:

Hi Gerry,

Another question; Is there a limit on the number of people who can be awarded charter membership ?

Cheers

61. rlavigne99 says:

Where do I get the training kit books for the 70-564 exam? I cannot seem to find any study material for it.

62. Microsoft Press did not create a training kit for that exam.

Other publishers may, you will need to search online at Amazon.com or your favorite book retailer.

63. Priya says:

Please tell me the number of questions in M 70-452 actual exam

64. Priya,

That is not information that is allowed to be given out.  Each exam may or may not have the same number or questions.

Skip to main content