Here are some resources and blog posts from my fellow Technical Evangelists here in East Region:
- Great post from Pete Brown on the potential of the Hub control to make for a more usable UX for music and synth apps.
- For Florida devs, Joe Healy has some open office hours coming up on September 5th. Great way to get advice and help with your apps (Note: I do office hours, too)
- Jim O'Neil updates us on some changes to the Northeast District evangelism team, including a couple of new folks.
- One of those new additions, Steve Maier, shares Xploding Boxes, a game created at a Rochester Institute of Technology hackathon.
- Stacey Mulcahey announces a 10-part series she's planning on marketing your app. This is a REALLY important topic that's often left as an afterthought, so I'm looking forward to this series.
- Jesse Freeman recounts his latest Ludum Dare experience, this time building yet another fun retro-style game he calls Super Box Boy Flies.
- Again, for Florida folks (and an idea for other folks who might be inclined to do something similar), Devfish shares plans for a Florida Application Developer Hub.
- Joe also announces the upcoming APIMASH and Game Workshops for Ft. Lauderdale (stay tuned...I'll be announcing the schedule for Mid-Atlantic soon).
- Jim O'Neil notes the official launch of the new AppBuilder Rewards.
- Jim also has news of upcoming events, including his Technical Calendar, and upcoming App and Game Workshops.
- James Quick was at Battle Hack Miami, and notes the best Windows app, Voluntiers.
- James also has another installment of his "Quick" tips for Gamemaker series, this part covering movement.
- First up on the IT Pro side is Blain Barton, with another installment of TechNet Radio: IT Time, talking about creating a Windows Azure Virtual Network.
- Yung Chou has a Memorandum to IT Leadership and Decision Makers on choosing a virtualization provider.
- Yung also shares a nice way to build early expertise on Windows Server 2012 R2 with a free e-book.
- And completing the hat-trick, Yung shares a step-by-step walkthrough of how to sign up for a free 30-day trial of Windows Azure, with the goal of building a lab in the cloud.
- For IT Pros in the NYC area, Bob Hunt announces the return of the NYC IT Architects Meetup, which is also Bob's office hours.
- Bob's also got some announcements about the RTM of Windows Server 2012 R2, as well as his updated top 4 requested download links.
That's it for this week...will be back with another roundup next Monday!