I mentioned in a previous post that I’d been getting up earlier lately, as an experiment to see what being an early bird could do for this former night owl.
I’m about a month into the experiment, and the results are quite promising. I have:
- been getting up at 5am consistently over this period, enough so that I now regularly wake before my alarm goes off, on my own.
- found it easier to get to bed at a decent hour, and rarely stay up past midnight.
- put together an exercise regimen of 30-60 minutes a day, 6 days a week.
- lost nearly 13 pounds, thanks to exercise and better eating habits.
- managed to maintain control of my inbox, which had become entirely unmanageable in the past.
- made it through my first cold while on this routine, which seemed to pass more quickly than past colds.
Having extra time when I’m rested and not tired from a long day has been a big help to me. I recommend giving it a try. Even if you don’t think you’re a morning person, you might surprise yourself!