The latest version of the Smart Client Software Factory is now available:
Architects and developers can quickly incorporate many of the proven practices and patterns of building composite smart client applications. These practices and patterns have been identified during the development of many smart client applications and their components.
By using the software factory, architects and developers can focus their efforts on business opportunities and create smart client applications that effectively address the needs of their organizations.
The Smart Client Software Factory provides an integrated set of guidance that assists architects and developers create composite smart client applications. These applications have one or more of the following characteristics:
- They have a rich user interface that takes advantage of the power of the Microsoft Windows desktop.
- They connect to multiple back-end systems to exchange data with them.
- They present information coming from multiple and diverse sources through an integrated user interface, so the data looks like it came from one back-end system.
- They take advantage of local storage and processing resources to enable operation during periods of no network connectivity or intermittent network connectivity.
- They are easily deployed and configured.