This is very cool…if you want to see how the built-in local-only web server from Visual Studio 2005 works, you can get the source, thanks to Dmitry Robsman:
Here is the linkto Cassini sources for v2 of ASP.NET / .NET Framework.
New to Cassini v2:
- Cassini v2 uses new ASP.NET v2 hosting APIs (System.Web.Hosting: ApplicationManager, IRegisteredObject, etc.).
- Cassini v2 does HTTP listenning in the default app domain (unlike Cassini v1 that did it from worker app domains). This provides a more robust app domain unloading story.
- Cassini v2 is a sample code on how to host ASP.NET. EULA is included in the package.
- These sources are close but not identical to ASP.NET Development Web Server that is shipping as part of Visual Studio 2005.
- Cassini v2 requires v2.0 RTM .NET Framework. It will NOT work with v2.0 beta2.