I have been hearing a good bit about this MCE and it looks pretty good as far as economy MCEs go.
Specs from a brief in this article follow:
* AMD Athlon(TM) 64 3500+ Processor with AMD64 Technology
* NVIDIA GeForce® 6100 Graphics with DirectX 9.0 Support
* Open PCI Express x16 Slot for Future Graphics Expansion
* 1GB DDR Memory Expandable to 4GB
* 200GB 7200RPM Hard Drive(3)
* Multi-Format, Double-Layer DVD+/-RW Optical Drive
* 9-in-1 Digital Media Reader and Five USB 2.0 ports
* 6-channel (5.1) High Definition Audio
* Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
* Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $549.99 after $50 mail-in rebate
The interesting thing about the eMachines line of computers is that they are built by Gateway and look to be just value-minded PCs. It's good to see that there are value options like this for entry-level MCEs. I've heard about people picking these up for less than $500 at Circuit City. Only draw back is that it does not seem to come with a TV tuner card. Then again, savvy consumers would probably want to pick if they got an expensive HD-capable tuner, cheapie single antenna tuner, or dual antenna tuner. All in all, this looks to me like a good, OS-upgradable MCE (Vista capable) box at a great value.