Hey guys, we just shipped the Validation Bundle.
The guidance in this bundle is designed to help you streamline the end-user experience of your web applications by utilizing ASP.NET AJAX to invoke server-side validation. Additionally you will find guidance on how to improve maintainability of your applications by reusing domain object validations across multiple screens, applications and tiers. You'll also find a set of guidelines on how to perform security validation in order to protect your sites from SQL Injection, Cross-Site scripting, etc. Like the Contextual Autocomplete Bundle, this guidance is applicable for both WCSF and standard ASP.NET non-WCSF based solutions.
What is in the bundle?
- Validation QuickStart: source code to demonstrate how to improve UI responsiveness for validation and reuse of validation rules across pages.
- Validation Application Block from Enterprise Library 3.1: Validation Application Block binary.
- AJAXControlToolkit.WCSFExtensions.dll: Contains the ServerSideValidationExtender which invokes ASP.NET validators including the Enterprise Library PropertyProxyValidator via AJAX
- Acceptance Tests: Manual tests that can be executed to walk you through the Quickstart functionality.
- Documentation: Documentation explaining Validation Guidelines (Security, Schema, and so on) the Quickstart, and how to use the extender.