One of the questions people keep asking is “When will SCSF work on Orcas?“. This wouldn’t be as much of an issue if GAT/GAX 1.2 worked on Orcas. Unfortunately that’s not the case and although we have GAT/GAX 1.3 which does work on Orcas, our existing Guidance packages do not work with GAT/GAX 1.3.
Currently the UX team have their noses against the grind stone working on the next release of guidance for Web Client. With limited resources we do not have the bandwidth to focus on this until Orcas ships. However, that’s not the case for Ezequiel and our Sustained Enginnering team over at Southworks. They’ve dived in and have struck the first bit of buried treasure with this post on enabling SCSF in Orcas Beta 2. This is great for customers that are looking for an SCSF answer on Orcas NOW.
A picture tells a thousand words so check out the screenshot below of an SCSF app built with the Guidance Package running on Orcas.
Before you jump in, there are a few Known issues:
- Compiling errors after run the Add WPF-View (with presenter) recipe (missing references).
- Change the project’s target framework to 3.0 to compile successfully.
- Compile errors after run the Create Solution recipe (Form1 is not a member of “Shell”).
- Change Form1 to ShellForm to compile successfully.
- Application crashes after run the Add WPF-View (with presenter) recipe.
- Still researching on this.
Let’s give a round of applause for the Southworks team!!!!