- I am a practicing muslim. I converted to Islam about 15 years ago. (Mentioning one's religion seems to be a popular trend for 'taggers' so I am following suit). Included with this I read classical and modern Arabic and have memorized several portions of the Qur'an.
- My 2 ½ year old daughter Sumeya and my wife Lana are the two lights of my life.
- As a child, I was a huge fan of adventure games, having completed many computer text-based Infocom games and graphical games such as Sierra's Kings Quest, Space Quest and Police Quest series. Also I was a big D&D fiend.
- In middle school, my team scored second place in the regional Oympics of the mind computer competition. The challenge was to navigate a maze to retrieve various items. I wrote a basic program that had an in-memory representation of the maze and then would provide directions based on giving it the coordinates of the retriever as well as the item to be retrieved. We had a great time and we still don't know why we came in second and not first as our solution was the only one that actually utilized software for providing the directions. All the other contestants used computers in a miscellaneous fashion such as recording which items were retrieved. One of the other guys in my school hard wired a remote control to a big trak for their challenge. I think they came in second as well.
- I attended school here and here
Now I'll pass on the "tag you're it" baton to the following folks (who haven't already been tagged)