If you’ve been wondering what’s new in Windows 7, you should install Windows 7 Beta which has just been released:
This is a great opportunity to check out the new Windows Sensor and Location Platform. By installing the SDK and WDK, you can get started with sensor driver and application development.
The Windows 7 Beta SDK download is located here
The Windows 7 Beta WDK (connect registration required) is located here
Some of my favorite things about Windows 7:
– Sensor and Location platform (I’m biased here 🙂 )
– Adaptive Brightness (Automatic control of screen brightnes based on light sensor input)
– New shell features (superbar, etc)
– Network connection features (click connect/disconnect from systray icon menu)
– Boot performance – (Due to service control manager and related service statup optimizations)
– Projection with Win+P (Always works!)
– ….and the list goes on!
I’ve been running Windows 7 exclusively for about a year now, and I’ll have to say, I know the world is going to love this OS!
For more information about Sensors and Location in Windows 7, please visit www.microsoft.com/whdc/sensors!
Until next time,